Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Quilt Show Eye Candy

I was also able to take pictures of some of my favorite quilts at the show on Saturday.  
Lots of pretty pictures to follow:


The venue was perfect - the school library.  It has this balcony area that is perfect for hanging large quilts, and it has skylights.  

I love blue and yellow and I love the variety of blocks in this one:


There was a local guild that took a trip to France.  Here are a few of their quilts interpreting things they saw there.  
Such amazing creativity.



This one was simple and yet effective.  I like the combo of fabrics in some of the little 'squares' in the 9 patch and the secondary design that makes.  The second picture shows this better.


Purple is one of my favorite colors.  
This one was also a simple design, but very effective.  
Love that center.


This one won the top prize at the MN State Fair.  Amazing applique.


The next 2 are from Celine Perkins designs.  
I like the variety of blocks, and the fact that they repeat in the design. 



We got to vote for our favorite in the show.  This was mine.  It features fabric from Quilt Minnesota in 2008.  I didn't even know there was such a thing as a statewide shop hop back then.  Actually, I wouldn't have known what a quilt shop hop was!



The entire show was very inspiring.  Someday I hope to make such masterpieces.  Meanwhile I will enjoy my little quilts.  :)

Blessed Sewing,
Karen


1 comment:

  1. There are some really great looking quilts there. Love the Eiffel Tower ones! =D

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody, I love comments and new friends!