Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Liebster Award and Favorite Blogs




I have seen these around blogland but didn't think much about it as I am not sure how I feel about getting an 'award' like this.  I blog for fun and for a record of my quilting journey, among other things.  It is not that I am not honored to be recognized as a blog that is worth visiting, I am.  I have even seen buttons on some blogs that say something like 'Award Free Blog', and didn't know why they had those.  Now I do.  I guess I am pretty modest. :)

My lovely friend Izzy from Dizzy Quilts awarded me the Liebster Award.  Thank you so much Izzy.  When I read what she wrote about my blog, I felt very honored.  I never knew I could make friends through blogging, but Izzy is definitely a great blogging friend.  Sorry, Izzy, that I am not exactly following the rules.  

The award is given by bloggers to their favorite blogs with under 200 followers. I am not going to exactly follow the rules for this award, but instead I do want to take the time to tell you about some small blogs that I really enjoy.   If they sound interesting, I hope you will visit.

EDITED - If the blogs I listed want to accept the Liebster Award and pass it on to 5 blogs themselves, here are the rules:

This award is given by bloggers to their favorite blogs with under 200 followers. The Liebster Rules are:
  1. Post about your win on your blog.
  2. Link back to the blogger who presented you with the award.
  3. Copy and paste the award to your blog.
  4. Present the Liebster Award to 5 blogs that have less than 200 followers that you think deserve to be recognized.
  5. Let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
So, here are a few of my favorite blogs listed in alphabetical order - the ones where I read every post, and smile as I read them!  The ones where I hope the writer and I can be friends.  I have included a picture or two swiped from their site of recent quilt(s) they have made.







1.  Count it *All* Joy! - Denise is such a delightful lady!  She quilts and likes afternoon tea like I do.  She works at a Christian camp, and I used to do administrative work for a bunch of camps (bet I haven't told you that yet, Denise!).  I love her infectious joy for life, and her love for her family - especially her 2 ADORABLE grandchildren.  I feel like I am getting to know the whole family.

2.  Dizzy Quilts - Izzy lives in/near Montreal, but apparently has a cottage she can sneak off to on the weekends where she does a lot of her sewing.  How fun!  We did a fabric swap, are both doing "Another Year of Schnibbles", and are even sharing the Schnibbles patterns since the designer says we can share them with one friend in the Legal Mumbo Jumbo (as crazy Carrie Nelson calls it).  I am sure we will do more swaps, etc. in the future.





3.  In The Boondocks - Lisa is a great blogging friend.  We have encouraged each other and helped each other.  We started our blogs at almost the same time, and do some of the same fun things in blogland - like the Fugly Fabric Giveaway.   If I ever visit West Virginia, I know I will LOVE the area where she lives.






Dutch Breeze 008
4.  Live with Lou - I haven't really contacted Michele to let her know how much I love her blog, so this will be a surprise.  I am learning so much about vintage sewing machines from her, enjoy the fun she has with her friends, and admire the relationship she and her hubby have.  It amazes me what she finds when out 'junkin!

002












5.  Meadowbrook - Kristen is a fellow Minnesotan who started on a journey of making a block a day at the beginning of the year.  I love looking at the block she has made each evening.  She is using 30's repro fabrics with a white on white, and I just love them.  Our sons are the same age, and when I go to Rochester, MN in June for the Minnesota Quilters quilt show, we will meet in person!

These are just 4 of her blocks.  Love the tea set!

 


So there you have it - some of my favorite blogs.




5 comments:

  1. Karen, you made me cry! You are so sweet and come visit anytime. You are so nice to me, you deserve an award for being inspiring. Thank you for the kind words and I am going to check out these other blogs. Lisa

    P.S. what does you award mean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Karen. It's nice to meet one of my 'lurkers'. Leave a comment when you visit, girl! If you don't comment, I don't know you've visited, and it makes me think my stuff isn't worth reading! Have a great day, and thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen! Aren't you a darling?!? Thank you so much for such a kind honor!! I didn't have any idea you used to do administrative work for a bunch of camps ... are we living parallel lives?!? LOL!!! I have so enjoyed meeting you and getting to know you ... I love making new friends this way!! HUGS!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww... Karen you are so sweet! And you can break all the rules you want! Meeting people like you is why I started blogging... A big huge hug to you sweetie! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Karen I awarded the Liebster award to 5 others. You are wonderful

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody, I love comments and new friends!