The following is my post from 1/6/12 from the tab I had called "Losing". I have decided to have one page for posts on all 3 topics. You can skip to the ones you are interested in, ok?
It has taken me a long time to gather the courage to begin posting on this page. I have been ashamed of my weight and size most of my life. And as a follower of Christ, I have especially struggled with the fact that overeating is SIN to me. I know I am forgiven, but I also know deep down that He can help me with this burden.
I strongly desire to overcome the sin involved in this issue. To eat healthfully, exercise, and become the best temple for the Holy Spirit is possible for this 50 year old to be!
The main tools I will be using in this journey are:
1. My Bible - it is past time for me to begin to read the Word independently and with the goal of getting to know God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit better.
2. Weight Watchers Online - I have been in the WW at work program and know it is sound. I have 2 online vouchers I never used that total 34 weeks. I am going to redeem those vouchers today so I have free online tools to help me and forgo the meetings.
3. Made to Crave - DVD and book set. I purchased these some time ago and have not started using them yet. It is time! The author is a Christian who has gone through her own overcoming journey.
I have been reflecting this week on what the multitude of barriers have been in the past for me. But after doing that, I have decided I am not even going to list them, because the Word tells us to put the past in the past. Isaiah 43:18-19 are my verses for this week. Each day I plan to blog or journal what the Lord is telling me through the verses of the week, or what changes in me He does through them.
18 “Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
19 See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
and streams in the wasteland.
Lord, I commit myself, my desires, my health and my past to you today. I choose to not dwell on the past. I am going to face it, but then move forward. It is only in You that I can overcome this long time sin. I thank You that I CAN overcome! All praise and glory to You, O Lord.
Stats 1/6/2012
Height - 5'1"
Weight - 250 - Highest weight ever
Exercise Plan - Daily walks with my Son, 11 yrs old. We will start small and increase. He is a little bit overweight, and I want to make sure he doesn't start on the same path I did at his age.
getting your son involved sounds a really good idea, you can help and encourage each other, I would say ...start small and dont expect this toi be a quick fix, it takes a long time BUT the rewards are wonderful xx good luck... we will be cheering from the sidelines x
ReplyDeleteGreat plan. Can't wait to hear the updates on how it's going =D
ReplyDeleteYou can do this - yeah it take time - but each day is step. And if you fall, get back with it the next chance you have.
ReplyDelete