I love quilting blogs. I am wondering if I am addicted. All of the time I spend on reading them, when I should either be quilting, or working on changing my lifestyle. Sigh....
If you look at the list of blogs I 'follow' it is ridiculous. And of course I can't keep up, and would not want to try. I cherry pick the posts I want to read in some cases, and there are a few I read all the time.
I am doing a blog hop right now, and have gained 30 new followers through it. That blows my mind. Some of the lovely people who have become followers have expressed an interest in this part of my blog. I felt bad when I read that, but then realized I should see that as incentive to get back to this.
So, brutal honesty. I am 5'1" and weigh 250 lbs. When did that happen? This is wreaking havoc on my body in so many ways. I have gained 15 lbs in the past year alone. 2011 was a very tough year for me. It included turning 50 = which I enjoyed, female issues, and then a sudden cancer diagnosis. I'll tell you, that sends you reeling. I am beyond blessed that they did not find any further cancer cells when they biopsied my uterus, ovaries, cervix, part of my omentum, and lymph nodes. I didn't need any further treatment as in radiation or chemo. But I feel like I have a ticking time bomb inside of me even so. What if something was missed? What if that very aggressive type of uterine cancer has spread outside before they found it? So I have struggled. And as I struggled, I sank into depression. And depression = overeating for me.
So here I am . In pain a lot of the time - mostly physically, but sometimes emotionally also. Why can't I fall into the arms of Jesus and let go?
As I typed that last line, verse 31 from Isaiah 40 'flew' into my mind. (Sorry, I love puns).
31 But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint.
The Lord is amazing. This is exactly what i needed to hear. I need new strength in this battle. It is a battle for my mind and body. My soul is His, but the enemy is really battling for the other parts of me to keep me ineffective.
Prayer: Dearest Lord, please forgive me. I just can't seem to believe that You are all I need. That you are my comfort. You will help me to soar above all my circumstances. You will help me run and not grow weary (or in my case, walk and not faint!). Lord help me start the day tomorrow with a new resolve to follow the eating plan you have called me to during this season. Help me take one day at a time. I love you Lord!
You can do this! It is not going to be easy, but nothing worthwhile is. Enjoy your walks with your son, post a few photos too so that we can enjoy them with you :)
ReplyDeletealways here for you xx
ReplyDeleteI'm happy to see this post! I'm one of the new followers that mentioned not seeing anything from this side. Sometimes we just need to feel connected (in my opinion) and maybe not feeling alone in the battle will help. I like the bible sayings.
ReplyDeleteI hope that you find joy and peace on your journey! Losing weight can be tough work, but God has made you strong!
ReplyDelete