The March Schnibbles is a pattern called Bibelot, or the Thelma quilt. It has been interesting to learn this way of putting pieces together to make a 'T'. I am enjoying the colors in the charms I chose - Fairytale Friends by American Jane. Does anyone know what Bibelot means? I'll tell you at the end so you have time to guess. :) Here are some samples of this part of the blocks:
I think my favorite blocks are the magic bean blocks (now called Pezzy Print).
And the strangest are the ones that had the actual Fairytale Creatures on them.
Next step is to add small sashing to 2 sides of each block - randomly placing the sashing on different sides as you go block to block. I have learned I can't make the quilt exactly as shown most of the time, so I have made a pretty major modification on this one...you will just have to wait to see it! It is going to be a baby quilt for a coworker. She is very close to having her baby boy! It will be a total surprise, and the first quilt I will have made for someone outside of the family. I just hope and pray they like it. And wouldn't it be fabulous if they name him something that begins with a T?
I am in total amazement at the response to the blog hop giveaway I am doing. Many comments, and many new followers. Welcome to everyone! I am loving the chance to read all your comments, where you live, and how long you have been quilting. There are quite a few 'newbies' like me, and many who are pros.
A shout out to Kristen at Meadowbrook - I won her birthday giveaway of a Gift Card to FQS. This is the main purchase I made. Thank you Kristen!
Ok, here is what you have been waiting for.....
Bibelot means
You are welcome Karen...so glad you found something so cute to use! :)
ReplyDeleteYou are a lot further than I am - not sure I will even get to this one with all my other committments. Look forward to your finished piece.
ReplyDeleteNew Reader here. Loved the verses posted on the weight loss section. So hard to let go and just go forward sometimes, I'm with ya sister! Not doing Schnibbles, but am participating in some other great quilt a longs. New York Beauty and Sew Out Loud. Trying to find the time to start the Olive and Ollie Garden Path. have a good one!
ReplyDeleteBibelot is looking amazing Karen! Can't wait to see the finished quilt. I managed to get most of the blocks done over the weekend and with any luck, the top will be complete by next Sunday night.
ReplyDeleteWow they look awesome all put together. Can't wait to see your finished quilt =D
ReplyDelete