Here are some more pictures from the Minnesota Quilter's show in Rochester.
The first few are from the 2012 challenge. The theme was Black and White and Read all over. Each person got a focus color, and had to incorporate words into the quilt somehow. The variety and talent was amazing.
I had to take a picture of Garfield - my son loves him!
Just 2 of the "Sylvia's Bridal Sampler" quilts out of a group of 30. Glad Creations in Minneapolis had a group going for more than 2 years to work on these.
I hate how colors fade out in pictures. This version with the yellow was exquisite and was among my top 5 of the whole show. It also won the President's award.
This is a quilt made by Minnesota quilters in 1979. I think that was the year of their first show.
I think I will stop there. I have had a problem since I came back. I feel kind of frozen and unable to sew. It was so great to be away from everything for those days. But now real life has reasserted itself. I have so much yard work to do! With my surgery a year ago, I didn't get to do much last year as I had planned. Tonight I cut branches off of 2 huge Blue Spruce trees in my yard. I could not get under the trees on the riding mower. Speaking of real life, I used the rider Sunday to do a lot of mowing, and Monday morning discovered gas leaking out of it, and the engine won't turn over. Another expense...sigh. If I could sell this house and move to a townhouse, I would! But like many, I am underwater. I bought it right before prices started falling and certainly before the crash. Put 20% down, and now it appraises for 2/3 of what I bought it for.
Ok, I will stop whining! On a positive note, the weather has been gorgeous.
I will be back soon with a book review.
Blessed Sewing,
Karen
things will get better karen,dont give up.Thankyou for the tour,take care.xx
ReplyDeleteIt is a tough time in the housing arena, that's for sure. We've had our sticks and bricks house on the market for over a year -- and we've not lived in it for nearly three years. *sigh* It sure would be nice to not have that payment anymore! I loved that first monochromatic quilt with the striking lime green stars! How fun is that! Hugs to you -- have a good day!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteI remember seeing the yellow quilt! It was those sampler quilts that my hubby saw that reminded him of the Farmer's Wife book he bought me. =)
ReplyDeleteYou are not alone in that kind of housing situation. =( There are a lot of hurting people out there. I can forget that sometimes.
chin up xx
ReplyDeleteSuch great looking quilts there, it is a shame that sometimes photos don't do them justice! =D
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear that life is getting you down at the moment, hope you get your sewing mojo back soon! I think that such a full-on trip as you have just had probably took more out of you than you realised. Take care.
ReplyDeleteKaren, don't be too hard on yourself...keep working and don't give up. I'd love to move too, but we can't. I just keep looking for the good in everything. If you moved, you could end up with neighbor's like mine, and you would not want that! And get sewing on those 9-patches...I need you!!! :)
ReplyDeleteKaren, how does that saying go; "Grow where you are planted" Things will work out. :) And I have to admit, our summers in Minnesota are so short, I too, find it really hard to find the time to do much sewing during the summer months. Enjoy the out of doors while we can.
ReplyDelete