Like many, I fizzled out on the first quilt a long I joined. I wasn't planning to do one any time soon. But my friend Kristen from Meadowbrook just started a 9 patch quilt-a-long. And we go at our own pace. Please click on the button to the left for more details! We would love it if you would join us!
Yesterday I found a 9-patch pattern I liked on Moda Bakeshop. Sweet Menagerie Nine Patch. The designer is Roslyn Mirrington from the blog Bloom. Here is a picture:
I will be using a 2.5" strip roll of Daisy Cottage by Lori Holt with a few strips of Sherbet Pips thrown in. My quilt will be 4 x 4 since the Riley Blake 'Jelly Rolls' are smaller than Moda's.
I have already done some cutting, but when I look at the tutorial, I think I see a couple of places where I could do some strip piecing before cutting the 2.5inch units. Isn't this fabric sweet?
My goal will be to do at least 2 patches a week. 8 weeks will bring me to mid-August.
My son's baseball team lost their first 2 games in the tournament, so they are done for the season. I was happy that my buddy had a hit in each game and made a great play in left field in each game. We have a great team parent, and they have invited everyone over on Saturday for a party. Apparently they have a pool, horseshoes, hot tub, etc. All the boys on his team are so nice, and as of right now, all the family's will be there. What are the chances 12 families would all have the same Saturday available? :)
I hope to begin sewing the June Schnibbles tomorrow night.
Heidi, I need a Friday Night Sew In to motivate me.
Blessed Sewing,
Karen
have fun xx
ReplyDeleteLove that quilt! I want to make one, too! Must. show. discipline. I have to finish a bunch of other quilts first!!!
ReplyDeleteHave fun with the baseball families!
Yeah Karen!!! Thanks for linking up...I can't wait to see your progress!!!
ReplyDeleteThe quilt is cute! Hope you manage your goal! Have fun at the party =D
ReplyDelete