Much of today was spent looking at quilts and the remaining vendors. I briefly saw Kristen again, but I arrived late at the show and her lunch was shorter than we thought it would be. Hopefully I will get to spend time with her again! And I was bummed that I forgot to get a picture of us together.
I found one other - Heidi from Handmade by Heidi.
Yes, the Heidi of Friday Night Sew-In Fame!!! The funny thing is, I didn't make the connection that she was "That" Heidi at all until sometime later in the afternoon. It was wonderful to have somebody to look at the quilts with, and go to the Vendors. I have enjoyed my time, but doing most things alone was starting to wear on me.
It was Heidi's first quilt show - I hope she enjoyed it!
P.S. Is my hair really that gray? I was trying to go natural, but now I don't know if I will keep it that way!
Here are some of the quilts we enjoyed together from the Judged Quilt Area:
"Salvaging Selvedges: Card Trick"
Alice Weickelt
Fall Creek, WI
Quilted by Pat Bluemel
"Yoyoville"
Mary Jane Heng - Woodbury, MN
Quilted by Mary Rossi
157 Yo Yo's on this quilt!
"Tibetan Mandala - For Wisdom and Compassion"
Barbara E. Lies - Madison, WI
I am excited to show this one to my co-worker who is from Tibet.
The Map as Art: Minnesota Geology 2011
Aileen Lively - Mounds View, MN
"Shadow E."
Kim Frisk - Green Bay, WI
This was one of my favorites. It looks just like our cat Smoky.
"On The Banks of Whimsy Creek"
Karla Dahms - Mora, MN
:Wedding Quilt"
Linda Temp - Coon Rapids MN
"Country Fried"
Susan Harriman MacLennan - Minneapolis, MN
Quilted by Page Johnson
"Me and My Shadow"
Gail Stepanek & Ronda K. Beyer - Minong, WI
"Pride of Iowa Revisited"
Miki Peine - St. Paul, MN
Quilted (by hand) by Lizzie Borntrager
I have many more pictures, but not sure everyone wants to see them!?! What do you think?
Blessed Sewing!
P.S., make sure you enter the giveaway here.
Oh, I love seeing eye candy from other area shows - so please show more.
ReplyDeleteIt is so good to see quilts from other people for pleasure and inspiration.
ReplyDeletealways happy to see pictures of quilts xx so glad you had someone to share your thoughts with xxx
ReplyDeleteOoh, some fabulous quilts there, all those tiny triangles in the Me and My Shadow quilt would have given me eyestrain, it is gorgeous though! Thanks for sharing them.
ReplyDeleteIt's always fun to see what other people like at shows. Thanks for sharing your pictures. Glad you had someone to walk with and view the quilts with. ;)
ReplyDeleteJudy
The quilts all look great! I love the Selvedge one. It's shocking to know some people throw them out! =D
ReplyDeleteWow! What wonderful quilts...sew inspiring! Thanks for sharing them...those of us who live too far away to attend really appreciate it! Have a dillydally day!
ReplyDelete