Sunday, July 1, 2012

Leaping For Leap Year

Thanks to the wonderful Carrie of Rosie's Quilt Co., we received this months Schnibble 
pattern free due to past participation of AYOS.   This months was really a challenge for me.  
Such a simple pattern, and yet I found it hard to decide what to do.  
Before I left for the big quilt show, I grabbed my 2010 and 2011 Minnesota Shop Hop Fabric.  
I did some cutting while I was at the show, but it was hard to get going on the sewing.

Finally I started piecing last week, and here she is:  



The white border is fine, but cream would have been better.  
I need to purchase some cream colored Kona or something online. 
It is impossible to find in the stores.  I have wanted to use cream for other quilts.


The block on the left is my favorite.  It reminds me of northern Minnesota with the 
pine trees and lovely paper birch trees.  The block to the right is taken from some fabric I bought that has a lot of different pictures of  loons - the Minnesota State Bird.  

I am looking forward to seeing the parade tomorrow and learning what our next Schnibble will be.  My guess is Spot - the last one from Carrie's last group that we haven't done yet.  
I am hoping - I really like that pattern.

Blessed Sewing,

Karen

7 comments:

  1. karen i love it ,well done,it looks fantastic.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is really pretty, Karen!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the extrs block. It is so cute. I never thought of doing that. Its a great idea. Will remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fabrics! Try bedsheets if you want cream fabric =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quilt Karen, I love the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sixteen patch is a great idea for those shop hop fabrics. I still haven't used mine from the very first year. Cute little quilt! :)

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job with Leap Year Karen! And I love that "loonie" block! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody, I love comments and new friends!