One of my favorite real life blogs is Susie's World.
Susie recently had a giveaway that I was happy to win. THANK YOU SUSIE! Susie lives in Derbyshire, England. She sent it off to me quite quickly, and I joked that it would be nice to have for the Olympics.
I picked up pizza after work for supper, and rushed home to make it for the start of the Opening Ceremonies.
As I headed towards the house, I was excited to see a package on the deck!
It was the only one I was expecting, so I knew what was in it.
I put the pizza's on the oven, fixed the antenna for the TV, and then dashed out for the box.
My daughter thought I was nuts as I (carefully) ripped into it as fast as possible. What I wanted were these napkins. Union Jack napkins to use while watching the Olympics! She was horrified and wouldn't use hers. They are too special, she said. I agree, but I had to use just one for this special occasion.
That tin is so cute! I love birds, and Robins are among my favorites.
It was so perfect to hold the pincushion with great pins in it! My first pincushion!
And look at this mug. Cath Kidson - the more I see her things, the more I love them.
STRAWBERRIES! I am obsessed with fruit on fabric, etc. right now.
So there you have it, my fabulous prize package from England, just in time.
BTW, I thought the Opening Ceremonies were incredible and the best I have ever watched. As an Anglophile whose Paternal family history goes back to Great Britain, I was very proud.
While I watched the nations parade in, I worked on the idea I have for a block for the Think Christmas Blog Hop. I sneaked in on the last day when they extended it.
Everything is cut out, and I have a layout. I am hoping it all works out as I am picturing in my mind.
Blessed Sewing,
Karen
Hi Karen, So glad everything arrived safe and thank you for your lovely words. The opening ceremony was Fantastic, if a little late here 12.30am by the time it finished. It really gives me a thrill to see things I have made on someone else's blog. See you at the Christmas Blog Hop. Susie x
ReplyDeletelovely... and wasnt the ceremony great... well I as a Brit enjoyed it xx hope you did too... and the games that are to come xx
ReplyDeleteHow fun was that to have the special napkin for your pizza for the opening ceremony! We also had pizza, and wine, for the opening ceremony. And then I watched beach volleyball in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep. Guess I could be doing some sewing then, too!
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome package and so cool that it actually reached your house in time for the Olympics! =D
ReplyDeletewhat a lovly win Karen,i am sorry now that i missed the opening ceremony.xx
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely gift set!! I am only a wee bit jealous....The robin is calling my name! Enjoy!!
ReplyDeleteI would be so happy drink in my tea from that mug
ReplyDelete