Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Schnibbling, Great-Grannying, and Churning

Sorry about that Title, I like to come up with silly post titles.  :)

I have been doing quite a bit of piecing lately.  First, here are a few Churn Dash blocks from the United Way auction quilt a group is making at work.  My favorite block (of the ones I made), the red one on the right side, is almost in the middle of the very large quilt.  2 of my other blocks are right here also - the one above and the one to the left of the red one.  Others did the blue sashing for 2 rows each and sewed those 2 rows together them together.  I couldn't do that because I don't have much blue in my stash.  So I ended up sewing the double rows together to complete the top.   I will have pictures later this year of the completed quilt.  The past 2 years we have raised $2,000 for the United Way!


This is my July Schnibbles.  Nash made with Twirl.  I committed myself to quilting the Schnibbles this month, so I have a week to accomplish that before the big parade.  It should be doable since I do simple line quilting with my walking foot.


Last but not least, here are my first 2 Great Granny Blocks.  I am using mostly Sew Cherry, with a few other prints I received in a giveaway from Renee at Sewn With Grace.  Isn't the small cherry print sweet?  That is one she sent to me.  I have not actually trimmed the blocks yet, just used the handy crop option.  I need to get a 12.5" ruler at Joann's before I can actually trim the blocks.




I am linking up with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.


Blessed Sewing,

Karen



12 comments:

  1. lovely work Karen,well done,gorgeous fabrics used.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blocks----happy fabrics. What Schnibbles pattern did you use, I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Schnibbles quilt...very pretty:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Schnibbles quilt, and Me and My Sister is one of my favorite lines! Hope the quilting bit goes well and quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Schnibble! I have a couple of Twirl charm packs to use on an upcoming Schnibble.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great quilt! Loving the pattern you used with the Twirl prints!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nicely done! Great bright color choices as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your Schnibble Karen! Such happy colours. And those grannies are beautiful. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like your grannies, but *love* your Schnibbles with it's bright, summery, sherbet colora!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your great granny blocks, those fussy cut centres are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Schnibbles! The colors are nice and cheery.

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody, I love comments and new friends!