Wednesday, July 18, 2012

7 Days, Minus 6

7 days on the South Beach Diet Phase 1 and I am down 6 pounds!  Simply amazing to me.  I have never lost that much in one week.  In fact, I have rarely followed a healthy eating plan for even one week. 

Jesus can set you free!

Now comes the challenge. My little extended family is going to a resort for the weekend.  My poor eating habits have roots in my family life (but I take full responsibility for not moving past that long ago).  So there will be snacks, desserts, etc.  And I am still in the no carb phase of South Beach.

I am claiming this promise:  "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me".

I considered at least moving to Phase 2 so I can have some carbs, but I am so happy with how things have gone I am going to stay the course. 
Our lodging has a full kitchen, so I will be able to bring the foods I need for my snacks, etc.

I am running the race set before me!  (And dong the happy dance)!

Run straight

I went searching for free images to put in this post.  I found all of these at http://www.fci.crossnet.se/
I laughed when I found this one.  Yep, I am only going to be THIN with Jesus' help.  :)

Somethin bout Jesus

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations and well done!! Glad to hear you'll be sticking with it through your break =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Stay strong! And have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 6 lbs!! Wow! That is fantastic! Great job Karen - keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations that is amazing and just remember why your doing this-------for you. Stay strong, you can do it, I know you can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great for you Karen! I'm so glad to hear this !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great start Karen, well done. Concentrate on the joy of being with your family at the resort and the food will be so much less important. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is awesome, Karen! Good for you! You can do it, I know you can. After all, you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you!

    Blessings, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody, I love comments and new friends!