I am so excited that I was able to participate in FNSI this time! Especially after meeting
Heidi a month ago and spending time with her. She told me how FNSI got started.
I am so glad she and her cousin decided to expand beyond themselves!
I felt torn in 3 different directions. What to work on? I wanted to start my 9-patch for the quilt a long. I want to finish my July Schnibbles blocks. And I wanted to start on the Great Granny Quilt a Long. Great Granny won. I spent most of the time cutting. I had a F 1/8 bundle of Sew Cherry, and a few other fabrics that go very well with Sew Cherry from a giveaway I won. Here is the pile of squares and rectangles, all ready to go:
And one of the blocks, with the rows sewn together. It is really late, so I need to stop there.
It is quite a coincidence that the Great Granny quilt-a-long is the brainchild of Lori Holt of Bee in My Bonnet. I knew when I was ready to make some kind of granny quilt that I would be using Sew Cherry.
Guess who the designer is! ;)
Off to bed. Day 3 went very well. I am pretty excited at 3 days following the plan. Tomorrow will be more of a challenge - it is the July Minnesota Quilter's meeting. They always have treats. But I am planning ahead, bringing a reusable cup to make a big cup of tea with artificial sweetener, and a cheese stick for a snack.
Blessed Sewing,
Karen
well done Karen and i love your choice of fabric.xx
ReplyDeleteWell done on having a plan, your Great Granny block looks lovely.
ReplyDeleteYour Great Granny blocks are going to be amazing Karen! Such beautiful fabric. And good job on Day 3! Stay strong during the quilters' meeting!
ReplyDeleteOooh! You got a lot done last night! Very nice!!! :)
ReplyDeleteI love Sew Cherry, too! Your danny is lovely!
ReplyDeleteI have been seeing the granny quilt along all over blogland but didn't know it's origin. Terry of Terry's Treasures just posted today with her blocks and went over to Freda's Hive and checked it out. It is so tempting, Oh, so many quilts, so little time (or energy.) Love the fabrics you have chosen.
ReplyDeleteGreat fabric choice and an awesome start! =D
ReplyDeleteGreat blocks! I worked on my granny blocks too, but they're the regular, not the great granny. Great FNSI!
ReplyDeleteWell done! Isn't that a fun fabric line. =D
ReplyDelete