Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Wednesday Weigh in

I am so happy that Wednesday is here again and I can see the tangible results of the changes I am making.  This past week I did well with my eating, and the habitual reaching for certain foods happened less and less.  I believe the Lord is truly giving me a new mindset with this.

Without further ado, here are the results:

Weight last week: 247.5
Weight this week: 243.5

- 4 pounds!!!  

I am so happy with that number.  I knew why the scale didn't go down last week and I just kept with it.

I also am becoming more active.  When you are as overweight as I am and have developed joint pain from arthritis, it can be very painful.  I can now 'run' down stairs again rather than two footing them.   The secret for me is walking - and to push myself a little more each time.

My next goal is to begin riding my bike and build up my endurance.  I really want to ride my bike to work - which is 10 miles each way.

Thank you to everyone for your encouragement to me on this journey.

Blessed Everything,
Karen

6 comments:

  1. Oh, Karen - 4 pounds is soooooooo excititng!! And with the Lord's help, you can do this!! Enjoy your afternoon tea today, you deserve it!! Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! And continued success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done ... a little at a time is SOOO good xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! Keep up the great work! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Karen, your post brought tears to my eyes! 4 lbs is amazing and you should be so proud! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job, Karen! Four pounds in a week is awesome! Keep up with the great work!

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody, I love comments and new friends!