Yesterday was the long-anticipated quilt show with my local quilt guild - the Memorial Quilters of Forest Lake, MN. This guild has been around a long time and has many members. They have their biannual show down to a science, and it was such a joy to attend and participate!
As my followers know, I ended up with 3 quilts in the show. The first was in the category of "Bed Quilts" and is one I have featured on the blog before. This is the quilt I made my son and my first bed quilt. We were encouraged to have props, so I had my little blue Minnesota quilt on display as a prop since the 2 are tied together in my quilting journey.
The next one I entered is the bed quilt I made for my daughter. I have given glimpses of it through the months, so this is the big reveal of the whole thing. :)
As I was working on it, the colors were so wild and the amount of different prints so large, that I had doubts about how it was going to turn out. It was such a pleasure to get it finished and see that it was lovely in its own way.
Edited to add a picture of me with my quilt!
It was also wonderful to help at the show. I handed out ballots for Viewer's Choice voting for a couple of hours, and worked in the consignment shop for a couple of hours. The talent shown everywhere I turned was a treat for the eyes.
And after the show was taken down, we all gathered and found out who won the viewer's choice awards in 5 different categories. I will have to share the link to our website when they post pictures of the quilts. Then they drew names for 5 baskets full of FQ's. I almost forgot to buy some raffle tickets for that - but bought 4 for $2.00 at the end. And guess what? My name was one of those drawn! And the one I liked the best was still available!
96 FQ's!!!!
And I can see myself using all but about 10 of them (they just aren't my style)! I am so in shock. I sat and watched Magnum PI last night, untied the ribbons, looked at the selvages to see if I recognized any names, folded them up and put them in piles by color or theme. With some that aren't my style, I have a start on being part of the next 'Fugly' Giveaway/Swap.


I love your quilts Karen! They are beautiful, the colours are fantastic and the "tweet" one is just so cute! Sounds like you had a great time too. I'm planning on going to a quilt show in May (my first one) and I cannot wait! :-)
ReplyDeleteJust lovely and good for you in entering. Congratulations on such a huge win of FQs!
ReplyDeleteLove those quilts!!!
ReplyDeleteWow what a win 96! I wouldn't need to shop for a while after winning those!
I know what you mean about the aren't me fabrics! I'm hoping to join that swap too =D
your quilts look wondreful xx
ReplyDeleteAll of your quilts are so beautiful! Congratulations on a win spectacular :)
ReplyDeleteI love your quilts! Especially the one you designed for your daughter. And congrats on the win! That is a great prize.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see the quilts you photographed and plan to post.
Blessings.....
Sounds like you had a great weekend all round, 96 FQ's that will keep you busy!
ReplyDeleteNice quilts! The one you made for your daughter is really bright and cheerful. Lucky you to win the fat quarters!
ReplyDeleteJudy
Both quilts look great but I really like the one you made for the daughter - the colors, the pattern, and the quilting!
ReplyDeleteYes, yes, I like your phot very much! Profile! I love all you made and think your daughters quilt should have won. Very modern. I really like the applique birds very spring. I wish we had an active guild here but I am workinhg on that. 96 FQ you lucky duck, good job! Talk to you later. Thank you for taking me to the show I had fun!
ReplyDeleteWow, entering a quilt show is awesome! Maybe I'll be inspired to do the same sometime. Cute picture of you with your quilt and winning 96 fat qtrs. sounds like a dream come true! Have fun and keep it going!
ReplyDelete