Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Life Can Be Too Busy

I feel like I am living in Insanity right now.  This is when it is tough to be a single Mom - when both kids need me to take them places, I need to take care of the house, the yard needs attention, and on top of that - I quilt!  ;)

My "free" time has been spent preparing for the quilt show this Saturday.  Daughter's crazy circle quilt is quilted, binding sewn on, and hand stitching of other side of binding 2/3 done.  I still need to attach a hanging sleeve to this one and Son's quilt.  And somehow I want to finish my challenge quilt.  By Wednesday night.  :)  SIL is going to take the quilts up Thursday morning for set up.

Novelty Fabric for Solid/Novelty Layer Cake swap
Meanwhile, we have had middle school orientation, high school orientation, practice for the Elementary musical at church, dance, end of year dance performance, band info night, and baseball.  Lovely baseball - my attempt to get son away from the video games.  He goes, he is pretty good, but it sure takes up a lot of my time.

Anyway, enough whining.  Sorry!  I wanted you to know where I have been.  I hope to have a lot of quilt show pictures for you on Saturday night.  Until then,

Blessed Sewing

Karen

4 comments:

  1. I can relate - I was a single mom with 3 kids and ran the family farm and worked - didn't quilt then. There was very little ME time. Sometimes it is good to whine or vent. I use to go out on the back porch and scream - then I could face the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes you just need a little space to be QUIET I find even just a few minutes alone helps... even if you are stood in the pantry with the door shut and your fingers in your ears !! Keep your chin up... and remember they can do somethings themselves... wether they want to or not xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in awe of all that you accomplish! I am retired now, and somedays I get nothing done! Probably because I can be lazy if I want!

    You asked about the bread pictured on my last post. I didn't say much about it because it's a gluten free bread, and most people wouldn't have the ingredients to make it! But I get excited when I find a good recipe that is gluten free, so I like to take pictures of it.

    Can't wait to see your pictures from the quilt show!

    Marge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there. They do need you and they are more important than quilting. I always hated hearing that - but now I look back and think "where did the time go"?
    It's OK to vent too. :)
    Judy

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody, I love comments and new friends!