Monday, April 23, 2012

Feast For the Eyes

Here are some of my favorite quilts from the show last Friday/Saturday.  First are the other challenge quilts:


The Viewer's Choice winner is the one right above with the appliqued flowers.








My favorite was the one with the pansies and hummingbird - paper pieced and very pretty.


This one was made by my Sister In Law, Chellie.  It is called Farm Girl.  She went to her grandma's farm in Oklahoma a lot in the summers when she was growing up, so made it in honor of grandma Marge.


This is also by my sister in law.  Cute Christmas panel quilt.

I love the buttery yellow in this quilt.
 I normally don't like quilts designed by Judy Niemeyer, but I loved this one.  Look at those Flying Geese!

































This was part of the Quilts of Valor display.  It has many wonderful fabrics in it representing wonderful things about our country.

































LOVED this quilt with 30's Repro fabrics.
This is the quilt I voted for in the Viewer's Choice for bed quilts.  Not only do I love the whole thing, but it was made by the woman who was our next door neighbor the first 10 years of my life.  It is so sweet to see her again and share our love of quilting.  They were such good friends - I remember snowmobile rides and hiding from all the boys in their basement.  They had 3 boys and I have a brother.




There were some members who went on the same bus trip I took in 2010 - one week earlier.  So they all made black and white quilts using the same fabric I used in my Son's quilt.





I will be back tomorrow with the rest of my favorite quilts!  
Blessed Sewing,
Karen

5 comments:

  1. Must be my age - love the yellow and 30's quiltts. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some wonderful quilts can see why you needed more than one post to showcase them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are some really beautiful quilts there! Those are some talented quilters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow those are some amazing quilts! I love the one with the umbrella =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these but where is your pic? Your sister-in-law does beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody, I love comments and new friends!