Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Part 2 of the Quilt Show Pics! Enjoy!

All of the following 9 quilts feature the same fabric.  I believe the one in the middle was the first.  After she made these 3, it then became her mission to use up all the fabric, thus all the little quilts.  We were laughing so hard when she showed us these the past 2 months.  When she was done, she had a little ziploc with about 6 scraps in it.  Well done!




Tea Pots!  Need I say more????  Loved both of these.  I voted for the top one for Viewer's choice/wall hangings.  The lower teapot quilt is a Darlene Zimmerman pattern from a Fons & Porder magazine in 2008.  If anyone has that pattern, I would love to borrow it!


Quilts with a center medallion are amazing to me.  A lot of work went into these.  Not my color scheme, but my Sister in Law loved them.




HMMMM......Have I seen something about a Quilt-a-Long using this pattern?  This quilt was King Size and so fresh and modern!


 This one was in my top 3.  I love these graduated Log Cabin Quilts, and this color combo was inspired!


Last but not least, this is the one I would have voted for if my friend hadn't made that Alaska quilt.  I can't even describe it very well.  It could easily be in a judged show.  Black/White/and Gray have never looked so good.  I believe this one may have been the Viewer's Choice winner for bed quilts.


































I loved this show so much.  It was very well organized, the quilts were displayed so nicely, and they were easy to see.  I can hardly wait for the big show in June!

Oh, and here is my only purchase (other than some rotary blades).  I have been in love with Fly a Kite forever and I am so happy to have a little bit of it!  I haven't been able to find this in any of my local quilt shops, so I was happy to find it at one of the vendor's booths at the show.



Blessed Quilting,
Karen

4 comments:

  1. Such beautiful quilts Karen! I agree, those tea pots are awesome. Thank you so much for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More fabulous quilts, was definitely a good day out! Love the log cabin quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talk about a room full of inspiration!! I love the fly a kite line too,I have some of the lower print. Love the one on top :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am having trouble with blogger! I love all the quilts, the black one looks like lace. I would love to make a log cabin. I made two block this week for a friendship quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody, I love comments and new friends!