Sunday, February 26, 2012

Weekend Sewing Report

Once I had the stars together for I.S.T.H., I started to enjoy making that quilt.  I originally had a hard time with the background, but I went digging in my little stash again and found my "Pure" FQ's.  I had bought a few directly from Sweetwater a little while ago when they had them for $1.00 each.  The color was perfect to go with what I was using for the stars.  However, a FQ wasn't enough for all of the background, so I used 2 different prints.  The colors in this picture are very washed out.  I hope we have some sunshine tomorrow so I can get a better picture.


I did not make the checkerboard border, but instead simplified it.  I am planning to get this quilted and bound before parade day on March 1st.  

I noticed when I opened my blog that I have 49 followers!  I am not sure how that happened and it still amazes me, but in a happy way.  I hope to celebrate when I reach 50 followers with a little giveaway.  I have been so amazingly blessed with giveaway wins, and I want to give back.  I actually have a stash now!  

Speaking of giveaways, my new friend Kristen is having one for her birthday.  You can find it right here on her blog, Meadowbrook.  Kristen lives in the town where the Minnesota Quilters will have their annual show, and since I will be there as the Scholarship winner for 2012, we hope to meet each other.  Besides being quilters, we both have 11 year old sons and both have a strong faith in Jesus as Savior from what I can see on her blog.  I hope you will visit her.  You will love her daily block posts.

Blessed Sewing, Karen

3 comments:

  1. Looks good!! I'm still plugging away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely quilt Karen,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great. Camera lighting is awful and sometimes the flash really doesn't help.

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody, I love comments and new friends!