I am in happy shock. When I did my Schnibbles, I did not know that there might be a chance at prizes. I am doing it because they are manageable size quilts and I love charm packs. :) So I was surprised today to read this post from Sherri on A Quilting Life.
Another Year of Schnibbles Winners
"We have some fun (fabric of course) prizes to award to 6 of our parade entries. We chose all 6 via random.org...and 1 person from my parade and 1 from Sinta's parade will get this fat eighth bundle of Reunion by Sweetwater for Moda...compliments of Carrie. Congratulations to Mary of Quilt Hollow from my parade and Karen of Quilting, Losing, and Tea from Sinta's parade."
Did I read that correctly? I won a FAT EIGHTH BUNDLE of Reunion? By Sweetwater? SWEEEEEEEEET.
I have not allowed myself to even look at this fabric online very closely because I love all of their fabric. I knew that I could not buy any more fabric right now. I had decided when I started this journey that I would not end up with a huge stash. And I have come to realize through the months what a lure blogs, project ideas, and pretty fabrics are. I have given in to the lure here and there. I have bought some charm packs, the layer cake I cut up to give away and that I used for a large part of my Full House Schnibbles, some FQ's here and there, and my thrift store finds. I have also been so blessed to win a surprising amount of fabric also.
I have no clue what I will do with this lovely bundle. I have read about other bloggers 'petting' their fabric...LOL. So maybe I will do that for a while. Most likely I will use it for another Schnibbles sometime this year.
I was originally going to blog today about a different giveaway -
what I thought was my 'most recent' giveaway win.
Surprise, another one! This charm pack:
arrived in the mail today from FQS - via this giveaway win on
April's blog Kool Beenz.
This will be used for a Schnibbles - I will have to find some fabric that goes with it from my little stash or break down and buy another charm pack. :)
So, I wonder where they sell lottery tickets? Hee hee.
Blessed sewing!

Congratulations on a lovely win.
ReplyDeletecongrats Karen on your lovely wins,yep i would be getting a tatts ticket,lol.xx
ReplyDeletewell done what a lovely surprise for you xxx have fun with your fabric xx
ReplyDeleteOoooh!!! What fun! Nice win, Karen -- enjoy!!! :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!
ReplyDelete