Monday, September 17, 2012

Vintage Fabric Finds!


As I said in my previous post, I need to do some research before listing these on Etsy.  
But I thought I would share my finds here first.  
I did a search on Craigslist for Quilting Fabric hoping for an Estate Sale.  
Instead I came upon an ad for vintage fabric.  
The fabric is from an estate of unmarried sisters and is in great condition.  
It was advertised as 1960's, but I think most of it is more likely from the 1940's!!!














And here is the best find of all - this is brighter in person.  
The woman I was buying from is very experienced and she didn't realize what it was.  
When I picked it up, she said she didn't know what this would be used for because of the border.  
As soon as I saw it, I told her it was a feedsack!  And the price was great.



It might be the full original feedsack with the stitching removed.  
I had been dreaming I would find one someday for a price I could afford, and it happened!




Now to decide what to sell and what to keep.   
I think I will list it really high to start in case my friend comes by again.  Hee hee.

Blessed Sewing,
Karen

6 comments:

  1. Well you are just having too much fun there, friend! LOL.....what wonderful finds, especially that feed sack you had been hoping for! That second blue one with the squares is unusual......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds Karen, I love the blue fabric with the buildings will be keeping an eye out to see if you list it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some very fun fabrics. I really like the one with the buildings and I bet others will too!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some great fabric finds there! Hope you work out some better pricing on it and show your 'friend' a thing or two =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. These fabrics are beautiful. How wonderful to have come across them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful fabric - what a great find!

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody, I love comments and new friends!