My blog name includes "Tea", but I haven't posted anything about that. I love going to tea rooms!
Last summer, I took my Sister-in-law, Oldest Niece, Aunt and Daughter to the Mad Hatter Tearoom in
Anoka, MN. This was before I had my blog. We had a great time, and visited Millie P's Quilt Shop afterwards. The only bummer was that the other female in my immediate family, niece Dani, was in the Peace Corps in Burkina Faso (West Africa), so she couldn't join us.
I bought a Groupon for a 4 course tea for 2 last January at the Mad Hatter, and it was going to expire today.
Life has been busy, but I finally made reservations on the last possible day available. My daughter and I were going to go, and then she found out she had an extra day of dance practice before Homecoming.
I thought of asking my Aunt, then my oldest niece, and then all of a sudden I had a duh moment!
Dani just arrived home last week after being gone almost 2 1/2 years, and was available during the day to join me! I was so excited. We spent a couple of wonderful hours together, getting reacquainted and talking about her amazing experiences. I am quiet in a group, but love one on one time with those I care about.
First course was a wonderful creamy mushroom soup. We chose a pumpkin flavored black tea and an apple spice flavored black tea. 2nd course was several lovely little sandwiches. 3rd course was scones with lemon curd, cream, and jam. And 4th course was the cutest little petite desserts.
I forgot the SD card for my camera, so could only take a few pictures.
This is Dani and I. I didn't realize until I saw the picture that our clothes even go together!
A picture of part of the gift shop part.
Look at these great nightlights!
And this is their goldfish bowl - an old sink with a couple of real goldfish in it.
We really had a delightful time together. I hope to do it again soon!
Today I worked on finishing the "Speck" Little Bite pattern from Carrie Nelson of Schnibbles fame.
The top is now completed. I am not going to try to quilt it now - I have too many things to do at home.
Pictures will be up tomorrow.

What a fun day Karen, thanks for sharing. I can't wait to see your quilt! :)
ReplyDeleteHow fun! I have a favorite tea room ... Emma's. I think it may be time for a visit!! :)
ReplyDeleteWe don't have tea rooms, nor am I a tea drinker, but I think this would be a delightful afternoon event - I would even drink tea!
ReplyDeletelovely post Karen,what a wonderful place.xx
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great time!
ReplyDelete