Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Sorry for the delay...

In picking the winners of the Blog Hop Party giveaway.  I have been dealing with some health issues that came to a head this past week with a visit to the Dr. and lots of blood tests.  I will be seeing a Rheumatologist in mid-October to go over the results.  Probable diagnosis is Psoriatic Arthritis - an Auto Immune Disease.  (There are ads on the TV with Phil Mickelson, who has this disease). I have had aches and pains in various joints for a while now, and they were getting worse and in more joints.  The biggest bummer is my left hand - the one that holds the rulers for rotary cutting.  The lowest joint of my index finger is in major pain after doing just a little bit of cutting the past few days.

If you pray, I would appreciate your prayers as I face this disease.  I want to deal with it with 
grace, and without allowing it to interrupt my life too much.  I am already looking for a
different job that is less stressful and would appreciate prayers for that also. 

I will be back tomorrow with the winners.

Blessed Sewing,
Karen

P.S.  Gratuitous pictures of some items I added to my Etsy shop....




13 comments:

  1. Oh I am so sorry my dear friend and I will pray for and your family. Just remember to never give up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. praying for you karen,take care.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Karen I would like to encourage you with the following that was taken from the pocket of a special man whose wife found it in one of his suits after he was lost in the 9/11 tragedy. (It is helping me through my trials)
    ...The same everlasting Father who cares for you today
    Will take care of you tomorrow and every day
    Either He will shield you from suffering
    Or He will give you unfailing strength to bear it
    Be at peace then and put aside all anxious thought and imaginations.
    God bless you and fill you with His peace as you cast your care upon him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Karen, sorry to hear about your health issue. I will keep you in my prayers. God give you strength.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your health problems, thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hope you are soon feeling much better... hope the Drs can offer some solutions x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deus estará contigo,minha linda.Não desista orações farei para que tudo se resolva.Bençãos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I suffer from an Auto Immune Disease called Anklosing Spondilitis,also Rheumatoid Art.(RA), I suffer chronic pain and have just been reduced to a cane. So does a few of your fellow Quilters( the big blogs) So keep your chin up and always get a second opinion on treatment. I take infusions that has helped alot. Most hearting part to me is that I have 5 new grandkids, and I am a young grandma and young at heart and it reduces the time I can spend with them. I would gladly give up quilt for extra time with them. But you can see on my blog today simplesew, that therapy of quilting fills your heart and it may take me longer but I get there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen,

    I am sadden to hear about your diagnosis. I will pray for you as you come to mind.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending thoughts and best wishes.

    Oddly enough just the other day I read in the paper about a man who had arthritis, which he noticed could be aided with copper. As he couldn't afford the treatment he glued copper coins into the insoles of his shoes and he said it eased the pain for him. He said it didn't hurt to try it and was free. =D

    ReplyDelete
  11. It may take a while, but after you have been on medication, these issues should get better. I have Lupus, so I know what you are going through. Faith and prayer help a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so sorry to hear that Karen. I will keep you in my prayers. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Karen, so very sorry to hear this news. I will certainly keep you lifted in my prayers. Sending hugs your way! :)

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody, I love comments and new friends!