Like many guilds, we have a block of the month. It is great to see what it will be each month and I have had a great time putting them together the months I have done them. Here are the 2 I made for our meeting last Thursday. Yep, Great Granny Squares! We were given the white squares for the edge, and I ended up cutting the bottom one incorrectly. So I had a note on it to give it back to me and I would fix it.
I won't have to hurry to fix it, because guess what? I won all of the blocks this month!
The fabric scheme was 1930's. Here are the blocks I have so far:
I am so blessed! I think I will be making 2 quilts from these - one for myself and one to donate. I might make a runner with the bright ones. I have been told I will receive more. The woman sitting across from me said she has some feedsack material from the 1930's with the Tinman on it and is going to fussy cut one into her block.
I hope to work on my monthly "Schnibble" tonight - I bought an Angler 2 and that should help a lot.
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.
Be back soon with pictures of my Great Granny Squares from the quilt a long at Bee In My Bonnet.
I am also working on a plan to help drive traffic to my Etsy shop, so stay tuned.
wow Karen those blocks are awesome,cant wait to see it finished.xx
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Karen! You are one lucky lady... those blocks are awesome. Can't wait to see the quilts you make with them. Have a great week! :-)
ReplyDeleteOh good for you!!! That's such fun, Karen!!! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat great blocks! I love the colours =D
ReplyDeleteHow cool is that? Congratulations on the win! I have yet to make one of these blocks,they look fun :)
ReplyDelete