I know, funny/strange blog title.
But that is the subject of the email I shared with Sandy Gervais from Pieces of My Heart.
Many of you know that Moda just had a blog hop to highlight their new precut - 2.5" squares called Candy. The designers posted a project and info about their hometown.
One of Sandy's highlights was that her town of Algona, IA has "The World's Largest Cheeto".
If you want to read the story, go here
Here is how Sandy announced that I was one of her winners:
I usually have random.org generate numbers to be my winners.
However, because there were some interesting stories that I wanted to share with you, I decided I would hand pick the winners. Here are the winners - all with an interesting story.
And the winners are:
Fourth place winner is a Karen O. who has ties to Cheetos.
She works for the company that makes the cheese coating.
Very important job, as without the cheese coating there really would not be a Cheeto.
Karen will win an Everlastings Charm Pack™, a Candy Pack, a bag of caramel corn from The Chocolate Season and a bag of Cheetos.
Karen O said...
Although this isn't directly about my hometown,
I do work for the company that makes the cheese coating for Cheetos. :)
And here is a picture of my fabulous prize pack, which got here very quickly!
The caramel corn is long gone...and my son claimed the Cheetos.
The card is so pretty! You can click on the pictures to get a better look.
It was fun to tell Sandy in my email to her that one of my first wall hanging tops was
from her fabric and her pattern (which was one of my first giveaway wins):
I also told her how happy I was to win the charm pack and candy pack.
They will be perfect for one of the upcoming Schnibbles, I am sure.
Tonight was Quilt Guild. I had a huge, exciting surprise there. I will tell you about it tomorrow or Saturday. Meanwhile,
P.S. I just posted that vintage fabric in my Etsy Shop. Please tell me your honest opinion of my pricing in an email if you have time.
Nice win Karen. Have looked at your Etsy prices and they seem reasonable to me, definitely in the same range as other vintage fabric sales from what I can see.
ReplyDeleteHow FUN!! What an awesome story, Karen! I can't wait to hear about your surprise, too!! :)
ReplyDeleteWow how awesome!! You work for the company? That is so cool! =D
ReplyDeletecongrats Karen on your lovely win and love your quilt,well done.xx
ReplyDelete