Monday, January 16, 2012

One Thing, One Week Challenge Finish

Yesterday I discovered that Amy at Amy's Creative Side had a challenge going on to complete something in the past week.  Although I was late to the party, I did challenge myself to finish my 12 Days of Christmas Mini Quilt (just the top) at the beginning of the week - and I made it!  So I am linking up.

 Amy's Creative Side

So what do you think?  Very 1930's repro fabric.  :)  The only thing I don't like about it is that my 2 predominantly red blocks ended up next to each other.  I guess that is the risk with a Mystery Quilt!  But it makes me smile.  Maybe it will be a doll quilt someday.  But for now I am going to hang it on my bedroom wall once it is quilted.




The colors are a little bit washed out from the flash, but I think you can see it pretty well.  If you click on any of the pictures, you can see a larger version of it and see the detail better.

My other big project is the weekly blocks for the 
Sew Happy Quilt Along.  I am doing 2 sets - one in children's prints 
and one with a few FQ from my 'stash'. 
The children's quilt will be donated somewhere.  

Week 1:

The 2 yellow 'buggy' prints and green fish print are from a giveaway I won!  So cute.

A little bit washed out from the flash - various FQ's of fabrics I have collected.  Love them all!

I have a big huge post started about all of the giveaways I won last year.
It will be up tomorrow.

I pray that you all had a great MLK Day.  It is a great chance to reflect on someone who was very wise and influential.

4 comments:

  1. I actually didn't notice the two red blocks together until I read your comment. I think it's funny how we (as quilters) have a definite idea of what it should look like and our eyes go directly to what we don't like - while everyone else just thinks it looks lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 12 days of Christmas mini is so dear. Great selection of blocks and double red doesn't bother me at all. Great finish in only a week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really lovely. I love those vintage repro fabrics and you did such an excellent job on it. Maybe one of these days I will go really tiny, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for taking the time to write this post

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody, I love comments and new friends!