Sunday, January 6, 2013

January Lovely Finish Plan



My friend Melissa over at Bittersweet Designs and Shanna at Fiber of All Sorts
are sponsoring a great monthly link party they are calling "A Lovely Year of Finishes".
I had already decided that quilting and binding my Schnibbles tops would be my main goal
for the new year.  I have at least 10 tops to turn into wall hangings, table toppers, or lap quilts.
This is a perfect goal for me since I am not able to do much cutting.

Serendipitously, the Schnibble for January is to be our favorite one - either one already made or a new one.
So I can use this as my finish and as my favorite Schnibble for the February parade.
Sinta and Sherri are then going to take a break from the Schnibbles until May.

I loved most of the Schnibbles I made last year, but I would have to say my favorite
was the first one I made.  It is called Full House.  You can see my original post about this top here.
Believe it or not, it was only my 18th blog entry.  I was a newbie quilter at the time.



Not only did I make flying geese for the first time for this quilt, but I hadn't made anything like the checkerboard borders before.  It was a great chance to practice matching seams and balancing colors.
(And I learned that I really love bright colors!).
The Schnibbles patterns use 2 charm packs for the most part.

So my January Love Year of Finishes goal is to quilt and bind this.
Do you have any January goals?  I would love to hear about them, and I would love to have you join us.
There are even prizes!  ;)


P.S.  My quilt top matches the Link Button!  Yep, little things make me happy.



9 comments:

  1. Love it!!! I am so glad you are joining us! Good luck! I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. its gorgeous Karen and i hope to finish my SKOW quilt for my GD this month.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Karen, love the colours in your quilt. I too like Schnibbles but no way am I organised enough to do a quilt a month!!!! My quilting seems to get less and less, something I am determined to remedy this year (one of my New Year Resolutions!!!!) At the moment I don't have anything which needs finishing, probably as I haven't got anything started!!!!! But I am doing Eldest's quilt for him to take away to Uni in September this year. That is my priority. Thanks for sharing. Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very cute, bright quilt! Happy finishing to you! :)

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quilt top...I think it will look lovely finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Full House and yours is just so cute! My January finish is going to be Leap Year. It's the only Schnibble I didn't get quilted last year and I'm determined to have it done this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can do it Karen :) I have joined the party too,am hoping to get a quilt done for my mom,I only have two blocks done so far! It is going to be a lap quilt tho,so I think I can...

    Love how bright your Full House quilt is,just makes a cold winter day bearable :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen - Your quilt is wonderful - love the bright colors and for a newbie quilt, you did a wonderful job!!

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody, I love comments and new friends!