Tuesday, January 29, 2013

I Made a Quilt Block!

That sounds silly, but that is about how I feel.  I have not spent much time piecing for a couple of months now.  However, when I saw that Cindy from Quilt Doodle Doodles was having a BoM, I decided I needed to join in and support a fellow Minnesotan.  Nah, that is not the main reason.  Instead, I know she is going to design/share great blocks, and I love the setting she has designed.



I won a group of batik FQ's from Connecting Threads through Bea from Beaquilter.  
Thank you Bea and Connecting Threads!
I am going to use them for this BoM.  I have a special friend who has loved me no matter what is going on in my life, so this quilt will be her Christmas present.

January Block - Monkey Wrench:


The group of batiks in this pack are so pretty!  
I am looking forward to figuring out which to use for each block.

If you want to join us, you can click on the Icon on the left.

I started my new job yesterday!  
I have so much to learn about all of the systems used to sell seed and other agricultural products, as well as those that assist growers so they get the maximum yield.  
It is going to be wonderful and a great challenge.

Before I go, I wanted to post some pictures that I took quite a while ago and never shared.
I don't want to have a huge teapot collection, but I have found these 3 cute ones at various thrift shops:


Left to Right - Thatched English Cottage, Tea Shop, and the most recent - a sewing machine!


I spent Sunday afternoon quilting my "Lovely Year of Finishes" project.  
The binding is ready to sew together, and then attach.

Take care everybody, and 







6 comments:

  1. Hi!!! I like your block!!!! Love the batiks!!! I am in this BOM too!!! Mine is a half inch too small so I will probably make another one!!! Love you tea pots too!!! Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely block Karen.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice block Karen, and cute teapots.

    Hope the new job goes well for you too.

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody, I love comments and new friends!