After a wonderful day with my daughter watching her H.S. Dance Team, I went to our local fabric outlet store - S.R. Harris. I thought I would be there about an hour, but I was there the entire remaining hour and a half until they closed. I thought I was done, but started moving farther back in the store, and found the recent bolts of quilting cotton. Quilting Treasures, Andover, Dear Stella, and Riley Blake, among others. It is a good thing they were closing soon. I still did quite a bit of damage. At least I can justify the purchase by stating I used my "Christmas Money". :)
Fox Trails, Fly a Kite, and Daisy Cottage by Riley Blake. I saw one bolt of Farm Fresh, a couple from Mod Tod, one of the stripe prints from Sew Cherry, and some older lines I didn't recognize.
Michael Miller novelty prints.
Aunt Grace and a unique fabric that had 4 different designs running the length of the bolt
to add to my 30's reproduction collection.
More Michael Miller, Going Coastal Bottle Caps, and a cute strawberry print.
All quilting cottons are 1/2 price, so these were all $5-$6 a yard. I do plan to go back soon and search for more Riley Blake. It is hard to find something in particular. The bolts are stacked on top of each other, about 10 high. It is hard to pull out anything more than 3 bolts down. And it is hard to see the prints since they are flat with the bolt end facing out. Since I knew I was running out of time, I finally just started looking at labels first. There was a LOT of Dear Stella. Riley Blake was harder to find.
Oh yeah, they also had a LOT of full bolts of Rowan Liberty Art fabric. $6.00 a yard.
Did you have a great shopping weekend? If you would be interested in buying a FQ of any of these,
I would charge $3.25 each, U.S. postage included.
Beautiful fabrics, good use of your Christmas money.
ReplyDeleteHaven't been to S.R. Harris for years. It is hard to get out of there unscathed.
ReplyDeleteJudy
Pretty fabrics - look at all the pretty pinks - I seem to be drawn to pinks and light spring greens this year. I did some 'fabric damage' this weekend too. Whites, beige, w/w, w/beige, w/light greys and some 'end of bolt' sale items ($2.50 yrd) to pad up the stash.
ReplyDeleteNo fabric shopping for me this weekend,but I bought myself a new pair of shoes to the tune of $130 Yikes! At least they will keep my feet warm the rest of the winter :) Love your fabric choices!
ReplyDeleteThank heavens for Christmas money. Love your choices.
ReplyDeletelovely buys Karen.xx
ReplyDeleteif it was a sale then you HAD to buy!! well done with your choices xx
ReplyDeleteWhat wonderful bargains! And thank you for your lovely comment.
ReplyDeletePomona x
Oh, lovely choice of fabrics! I've my eye on that adorable material with blue mice and yellow bunnies. Which designer is it? I'm an embroidered hare stitcher who is a little obssessive about, well, rabbits!
ReplyDeleteIt's jolly nice to meet you! I'm off to follow you if I may.
Warmest wishes from another tea drinker.
Stephanie
I love finding deals on quilting cotton.
ReplyDelete