Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Little Bite of a Morsel & Happy New Year!

Wow, 2013.  It is hard to believe that 2012 is over with!

I love the promise of a New Year.
This is the year of better health for me.
I will be going on a diet with no sugar, no lactose, and gluten free.
I am hopeful that I will be able to reduce swelling and improve my overall health with these changes.

It is the last month of the 2012 "Another Year of Schnibbles".  
The pattern chosen was one of Carrie Nelson's new Little Bites - Morsel.  
Morsel is a wonderful pattern with several different shapes of pincushions.

Image of Morsel ~ Little Bites PDF

A little over a year ago when I started my blog, it was partly to log my progress as a quilter, 
and partly because I read about bloggers becoming friends.  I now have several bloggers that I consider friends.  Izzy from Dizzy Quilts is one of those.  I liked her style when I found her blog, and we both expressed interest in doing Another Year of Schnibbles.  So we did it.  And we have done a swap with our Morsel pincushions!  
I had a great time designing Izzy's Morsel.

For the front, I used little bits of many of my favorite fabrics from last year, a cute 
Riley Blake Fly a Kite print on top, and a little bit of Pure by Sweetwater.


On the back, I used 3 of the prints from Quilt Minnesota 2012.


I already received my pincushion from Izzy.  Here are the 2 of them together the day I mailed mine out. 


I love Marmalade so much so I was pretty excited to have that on my pincushion.

Izzy also sent me some little treats to go along with the pincushion:

A Cape Ann charm pack, some really cute buttons, 


and the most perfect Christmas card.  LOVE IT!
Quilting!  and Tea!


I hope Izzy receives her package soon.  It was a struggle for me to complete with my swollen hand, 
so it was delayed more than I wanted it to be.  I had to post this for the parade, but at least the rest of the goodies in the package will be a surprise!

I would like to thank Sinta and Sherri for hosting the wonderful projects each month and the parades.  
The parades with Morsel will be on their blogs on January 2.  
I would also like to thank Carrie Nelson of Miss Rosie's Quilt Company for the wonderful patterns, and her generosity each month.  Carrie gives a prize pack to someone each month on each of the 2 blogs.  I was fortunate to have my name drawn 3 times for this!  January the big prize was a fat 1/8 pack of Reunion.  July it was 2 Layer Cakes.  The 3rd time I asked that they draw a different name.  And guess who won?  Izzy!

Here is to the promise of a New Year!

P.S.  My blogging friend Kristen at Meadowbrook made a block each day this year.  366!  
You can see her post about the end of this fabulous project here.



7 comments:

  1. such lovely pin cushions.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers to you and here's to a year of better health for us both! Hugs and more hugs to you, Karen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I love it! :-). I can't wait for it to appear in my mailbox. Karen - I wish you the very best 2013. And thank you for sharing the link to your friend's project... Such a lovely story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! Happy New Year, Karen!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year, Karen! Yes, improved health for you in 2013. I can say for a fact that I am so much healthier since going gluten free 2 years ago. And I do limit dairy and sugar, and my fibromyalgia is much improved. Hope it works for you, too! Love the pin cushions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still working on my Morsel, but I love both your's and Izzy's!!! You have done wonderfully this year Karen, and I can't wait to see what you do this next year. I'm also sugar, gluten, and dairy free and it makes a huge difference in how you feel. You are just the sweetest person Karen, and I pray for a healthy and happy 2013 for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pincushions :-) Both yours and Izzy's :-)

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody, I love comments and new friends!