Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas & Shocking Gift!

The adults in my family started drawing names just 4 years ago.  Then we started playing the dice game for little gifts instead.   It is very fun and has taken a lot of pressure out of the holiday season.

Because I am divorced, I don't get many gifts.  My Dad is very generous every year, and since I am close to my Aunt and Uncle, we still exchange.

So I was very surprised when we arrived at my Brother's for Christmas.  My daughter drew my attention to a very large box in front of the tree, and it had my name on it!  It was from my brother and SIL, Aunt and Uncle, and my Dad.  I had no clue what it could be, and I was like a little kid waiting for gift opening time.  My son guessed it was a sewing machine, but I didn't really think that would be the case.

So, I was totally shocked when I ripped the paper off and saw a picture of this on the box:

Singer 160 Year Limited Edition Anniversary Model
I have been in happy shock ever since.  I really can't believe I have a brand new machine to use after struggling with a couple of old Kenmore machines since I started quilting seriously last year.

So I have a toy to play with this year!
So far so good - it is all set up, and I have tested the line for a 1/4" seam.  It is perfect.  The machine is quieter than I am used to, and threading it is so easy.

I am so fortunate to have such a thoughtful family.  My brother the bargain hunter found it (and also bought one for my partner in crime - my SIL Chellie).

I pray that you had a wonderful Christmas Day.  It was good to reflect on the reason we celebrate this day when I was preparing this morning.  My Savior Jesus was born over 2,000 years ago and because of that and His sacrifice on the cross, I can confess my sins and be washed clean.  I can have an intimate relationship with Creator God.



13 comments:

  1. what a lovely gift Karen.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful Christmas you received! I pray the rest of your week is as wonderful, but the best gift we all got, was our Lord and Savior Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how FUN!!! I know you'll enjoy every stitch you make on it -- even the ones that you have to rip out (because inevitably, we have to do that)! Merry Christmas, Karen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for you! :)

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful gift! Have lots of sewing fun with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful that your family is so thoughtful. They not only got you a nice gift, but something that you really need!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing family you have... That is an awesome gift. Have lots of fun with it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a terrific gift; you are one lucky lady to have a wonderful family that are so thoughtful. Can't wait to see what you first project will be. I know you will be having a Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen,you are such a generous person,that the Lord just knew it would be much easier for you to make things for others (like the quilt you made for the person in need recently)! Have a wonderfully Blessed New Year :@)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful gift! Can't wait to see what the first project will be after you get it up and running! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow weee fab Christmas present - enjoy experimenting with your new machine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great present, you will have lots of fun trying that out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an AWESOME family,...they not only got together to get you something special...they go you something that you would enjoy and also a partner to do the same...your SIL. Have fun with your new toy.

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody, I love comments and new friends!