Thursday, May 3, 2012

I Wish I Could...Work at Quilt Market!?!

I received this email from Minnesota Quilters today:


Dear Karen,
Have you ever wanted to work at Quilt Market to see what new quilt gadgets and fabric is coming?  The MQ Board would like you to be aware of an interesting opportunity to work at the spring Quilt Market at the Salt Palace Convention Center in Kansas City, Missouri. 
See the link below for information on the job descriptions, the shifts left to fill, and the person to contact.
This is only Market, there will be no quilt show.  Kansas City is only an 8 hour drive from the Twin Cities.

After seeing the flurry of activity on various blogs about preparations, I think it would be great to do this.  Unfortunately, time and funds are lacking to be able to do it.

Can you imagine being able to see this new line from Bonnie and Camille in person:

Pinned Image





Maybe someday I will be able to go!  A girl can dream, right?  Have you been to an International Quilt Market?  Did you enjoy it?  Meet any of your favorites?

10 comments:

  1. Oh how awesome that would be! Yes, a lot of us can share dreaming with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I start drooling every time I see that picture of Bonnie and Cammile's Marmalade! And I also need their Vintage Modern! I have never attended a big quilt show or market, but it would be fun, wouldn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! I am dreaming right there alongside of you!! And yeah -- that marmalade bundle is smokin'! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been, but, it would be fun. I'd really like to attend the market, etc, down in Houston. We're from Texas (didn't quilt when I lived there) and we have family all over the Houston area. Quilting and family, it doesn't get better than that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would have been a great opportunity. I'm in the UK haven't been to any quilt markets here =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Karen,i'm dreaming and drooling along with you too! Have never been to any quilt market,someday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I have been twice when it is in Minneapolis - but just for one day. One day is not enough to see everything. It is very overwhelming.

    I was told by a seasoned "marketer" that you really need at least 2-3 days. The first to go through and see everything and take notes. The 2nd and 3rd days to go back and spend time at what you took notes about. Then you will generally see something else on those other two days that you might have missed that you will have time to take in.

    So, if you ever get the opportunity to go - take it! It is a lot of fun and very educational about the quilting and marketing business.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like it would be loads of fun but it's a bit far to travel from California.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my Lord yes I want to go!!! Not gonna happen, at least not this year, but YES YES YES please send me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. No, i have never been. But what an honor for you to have been invited. I understand how life gets in the way of dreams. One day, next year, you can go but our lives we have to plan. I hope your not to disappointed. But next year when you take vacation and go take lots of pictures so I get to go to my friend. I could never walk that much, but I'll go through your camera, cheering you on. Make sure you tell them to please consider you for next year.

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody, I love comments and new friends!