The last day of the Think Christmas Blog Hop, and I finally get to show you my block.
Yes, one block. One block that probably took me a total of 10 hours to do (or more) and that I just finished.
30 minutes ago - 5:00a.m. CDST. :)
"TWIST AND SHOUT CHRISTMAS TREE"
I don't know if you can see it, but there is brown at the bottom for the trunk, and yellow at the top for the star.
Edited at 12:30 p.m. after a few hours of sleep. When I think about it, it is probably closer to 20 hours. I started designing it in earnest during our little family 'reunion' weekend and cutting out squares. I sewed the green and off white parts together last week. When all of the 2.5 inch squares were all sewn together, I finally had inspiration on how to do the trunk and star, and the red 'frame'. If you look closely at the area by the star, I have a piece of fabric taped on there to join the star. hee hee. I was originally going to cut a star out and applique it on. Now I will have to figure out how to applique the tip of the tree instead. I was just too wiped out to figure it out this morning.
"TWIST AND SHOUT CHRISTMAS TREE"
I don't know if you can see it, but there is brown at the bottom for the trunk, and yellow at the top for the star.
Edited at 12:30 p.m. after a few hours of sleep. When I think about it, it is probably closer to 20 hours. I started designing it in earnest during our little family 'reunion' weekend and cutting out squares. I sewed the green and off white parts together last week. When all of the 2.5 inch squares were all sewn together, I finally had inspiration on how to do the trunk and star, and the red 'frame'. If you look closely at the area by the star, I have a piece of fabric taped on there to join the star. hee hee. I was originally going to cut a star out and applique it on. Now I will have to figure out how to applique the tip of the tree instead. I was just too wiped out to figure it out this morning.
Thank you to Madame Samm and Lesley for this wonderful Blog Hop. I have really enjoyed visiting all the different blogs, finding new ones to follow, and most of all being inspired.
My block is 12.5 inches unfinished, and the design is one I had been carrying in my mind for almost a year. I fell in love with 'Lil Twister quilts when I started in earnest on my quilting journey almost a year ago. I kept picturing a Christmas tree in my mind. Over the last 9 months since I started blogging, I won quite a lot of green fabric. There are several squares in there from a 2.5" square win from Sharon at Vrooman's quilts. I also won the FQ's of the month when they were all green at my first MN Quilters meeting. Enter the extra mini Twister by Primitive Gatherings. I first saw it used on a blog, and couldn't resist when I was at the big show last June when they had a booth there. You start with 2.5" squares, and the template is about 1.25".
Close up of the little bitty pieces above, and the back below.
Sunday 12:30 p.m. - More pictures taken outside. Too bad the wind was blowing.
I was trying to be artistic.
Yeah! This one is actually 'red' rather than pinkish.
I hope you will visit the other blogs on the hop today!
I am sharing the day with...
***Quilting, Losing and Tea***
and finally....
Blessed Sewing,
Karen
OH MY! I can't believe I am one of the top blocks for the day. You can see the others here at Sew WE Quilt. All of the comments are blowing me away. I don't know if I will be able to respond to all of you, so please know how much I appreciate you visiting and all of your kind words.
I am getting close to 100 posts, and will probably think up a giveaway by then, so please feel free to visit again. I will also have pictures from the trunk show of our speaker at MN Quilters yesterday, Sandy Klop of American Jane, sometime this week.
Oh wow...well worth the wait! This little block is just scrumptious! I have two sizes of lil twister rulers and haven't used them yet...you may have just inspired me! What a creative use of colors...it's terrific! Thanks so much for participating and enjoy the rest of the hop!
ReplyDeleteYour block is beautiful, all the work, I can't imagine all the hours of thinking about how to make it work. the end result is worth it. thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteWoww, there's a lot of work in that, it's really great.
ReplyDeleteI love the lil twister quilts. I have made one and think I now need to make one for Christmas. Thank you so much for sharing.
ReplyDeleteOh, I think so worth the wait! Love all things tiny and now I will have to get this 'smallest' template. Thank you for sharing with us today.
ReplyDeleteI'm totally impressed! Wow-wie! It turned out fantastic.
ReplyDeleteTwisting the season away. Cute
ReplyDeletei love it! this twister block is amazing and you color combo is beautiful! hope you had a nice bloghop! have a nice day
ReplyDeleteYour block is one of my favorites!!! Worth the wait indeed - thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThese blocks always look like they were tons of work. Nice way to use them
ReplyDeleteStunning, absolutely, stunning. Looks like a colour wash quilt. I have the other twisters - dare I get the little one? But your work is so inspiring. Thank you for all your time to share this special work with us.
ReplyDeleteYour work is beautiful. Thank you for sharing today.
ReplyDeleteI can see why that block took so long to do! It must have a million cut threads on the back with all those tiny pieces!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful block, worth the time you spent on it.
ReplyDeleteOh, so much work! But well worth it. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful "twist" on this block! Great idea and well done!
ReplyDeletelovely block Karen ,well done.xx
ReplyDeleteAmazing block! Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteWOW that is one gorgeous block. Your time and energy has certainly paid off. Just in time to share and be a part of the Think Christmas blog hop. Thank you so much for sharing with us all.
ReplyDeleteSandi T.
szandit1@sbcglobal.net
Better late than never!!!!! I love the Twister tree. I haven't seen that design before.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, that is just beautiful! It was worth the wait to see something new and unique. Those tiny pieces--oh my! Thanks for sharing! :O)
ReplyDeleteI like! I like! Now you should sew some small bright buttons on the tree here and there to look like ornaments!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful block! Lil Twisters are so much fun to do! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteFun use of the Lil Twister block. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteTwister quilts are sure fun, and now mini's??? Yikes. It's too cute!
ReplyDeleteWow. I have used "little" twister. These pieces are soooo tiny. Great job.
ReplyDeleteWOW!! That's all I can think to say.. WOW!!
ReplyDeleteOh I love those Lil Twister quilts. So fun to make and so great when they are done. Very nice.
ReplyDeleteWow!! What an amazing block!!!
ReplyDeleteWow its lovely - you can tell you spent hours on it! Thanks for sharing.
DeleteI can see why it took you 10 hours, that is amazing!
ReplyDeleteFantastic! I don't think I've seen twister blocks that small before!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing!
Love it! I have that Lil Twister and have been meaning to try it out!
ReplyDeleteI love the little twist design in a tree. Wonderful and worth the wait. Thank you for sharing..judith, Texas
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh ... this is amazing!! I'm in love with the Lil' Twister quilts but this one is ... wow! 12.5 inches total finished... Lady, you did wonderful!!! Honestly, this deserves to be framed!! Excellent and thank you so much for sharing!
ReplyDeleteAmazing! I love this - the coolest twister quilt I've seen. Wow - I'm just blown away. Time well spent I'd say!!
ReplyDeleteI'm addicted to Lil' Twister and just purchased the itty bitty twister tool at a quilt show recently! LOVE, LOVE, LOOOOOVVVVVEEE your quilt!!
ReplyDeletewow, that is a wonderful block. Inspired to at least try a Lil Twister now, don't know if I can do a mini. Guess I better look how to do a normal size first. Wow again!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete10 hours you said? I am so challenge .. it probably take me 10 days to finish them beautiful block like your : ) They are worth the wait. You should have a Christmas celebration of some sort I am so inspired do you share tutorial for this gorgoeus block of yours?
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, I just ordered and received my mini Twister tool (yesterday in the mail) from Primitive Gatherings and now I see this. I've got to make it. Would you share your layout for the blocks? Thanks so much for the inspiration!
ReplyDeleteLovely Tree! I love seeing variations of twister quilts. Did you buy chance take a photo of the squares sewn together before you cut them with the twister ruler? It is fun to see the before and after. Again it is a great design!!
ReplyDeleteIt was worth waiting for. Thanks for sharing this adorable, festive tree!
ReplyDeleteSpectacular,thanks for sharing.Please,a tutorial would be welcome!!
ReplyDeleteThis was worth the wait!!! I love this. Made a twin Twister this year and have the small template for something of this nature. Would love to have the original layout of squares before cutting and shuffling....I guess I am asking for the directions....Love it.
ReplyDeletelovely
ReplyDeleteYour tree is beautiful, glad you shared it with us!!
ReplyDeleteAh!!! What a beauty! I have just ordered the lit twister rulers in both sizes. I must have known I was going to be inspired by something beautiful! Congrats on the honor!
ReplyDeleteThese are beautiful! I love the look and the fabrics you selected! They are great! I will have to try the twister one of these days! You must be a MN quilter--Hello Neighbor! I'm in Wisconsin. (Go Packers!)
ReplyDeleteWOW, all those itty bitty pieces...crazy impressive!
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous block! Congradulations on being chosen for one of the top blocks.You did an amazing job. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteYour tree is amazing with all those tiny block and the twister tool! I really need to get me one of those tools! Inspiring block...thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteThis is amazing ! I have made a small ill twister, but would love to know how you laid this out to make the tree. Just wonderful.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on being one of the chosen and thanks for sharing.
Wow I can see why it took so long to do! Don't know how you had the patience, but it does look incredible!! =D
ReplyDeleteLove your "twist and shout tree".It would have taken me a lot longer than you.Good job.Becky
ReplyDeleteThose are some tiny pieces!! You are brave!! It is a beautiful block!!
ReplyDeleteYour tree block is just fabulous. I have not made one of those quilts but I know how they are made and it seems like it would be confusing to get the colors right. Excellent job. Congrats on being featured on sewwequilt.
ReplyDeleteYour block is fabulous and you should be proud! It was woth the effort. Congratulations.
ReplyDeleteYour Christmas tree block is great but what is amazing is how many tiny pieces it must have int it! Good job.
ReplyDeleteLove, love your twister tree!! I have never seen it down into a shape, but really like it!
ReplyDeleteHELLO! YOUR LIL TWISTER IS SO ATTRACTIVE!
ReplyDeleteTHANKS FOR SHARING!
msstitcher1948@yahoo.com
it is amazing. I love it. hugs Alessandra
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh Karen! Your little Christmas Tree is amazing! I am seriously impressed with your talent, skills and patience! Wow - all thise tiny pieces! Great, great job!
ReplyDeleteLove your Christmas! So gorgeous. Thanks for sharing
ReplyDeleteYes it is indeed a winner. Wonderful job, wonderful detail. Thanks so much for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI need to - scratch that - I HAVE to get me a twister ruler!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYour block is fabulous!
and congrats on being one of the top 2!!
DeleteLove your "Twist and shout" tree-what an appropriate name! Congrats on being in the top. i love your cats. I have 3 as well and they have to "claim" everything I work on, sooner or later, no matter how much I try to hide or camoflauge my projects. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteit is a gorgeous Christmas tree- I have two twister rulers and a book but have not used them yet. This looks so complicated..
ReplyDeleteThanks for participating in the blog hop- Your piece is gorgeous.
Regards from Western Canada,
Anna
Oh how cute, I have bought the medium size twister but I haven't tried it yet but how did you figure out to sew your blocks together first to come up with the tree. It is absolutely amazing and I just saw the mini twister the other day and now I will have to get one and a book. Thanks for showing us this.
ReplyDeleteI love the little twister. I made my own templates so they would be smaller than the ruler I had. I love the tree and would like to try but haven't seen the pattern.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing
Love this tree!thanks
ReplyDeleteWow! I'm speechless. Truly. I can't imagine how you did this but I love it! blessings, marlene
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous tree! You've got a wonderful imagination to dream up this pattern!! di_caughill at hotmail dot com
ReplyDeletedarling! I too love the tiny Primative Gatherings twister (actually, I like them in every size, including 'homemade'!)
ReplyDeleteWAY TO GO! Your block is amazing and spectacular and WOW I'm so impressed! :) You don't have to respond, but know I'm smiling a very big smile for you today! :)
ReplyDeleteI love your Twist and Shout Christmas tree.That's a technique I haven't tried. Proud of your hard work on it!
ReplyDeleteI love your tree block. I have the Little Twister and love it, after seeing your beautiful block, I know I need the mini twister template too. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteVery creative. I love the tree :)
ReplyDeleteThat turned out sooo nice! This is the first time I've seen the mini twister. You did a great job.
ReplyDeleteI really like this... bought that lil' twister and have yet to use it!
ReplyDeleteYours is so pretty ~ wonderful fabrics you used.
And congrats for being a Top 2 of the Day!
This block is incredible. My mind boggles at the maths and spatial awareness involved. Well done. Vicki vickilorraine at hotmail dot com
ReplyDeleteGorgeous! Gorgeous! Such a beautiful design and block. Are you going to make a pattern to sale? I'll be your first customer. hehe. I just got the Lil Twister but have not used it yet. Congratulations on having one of the top blocks.
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful! Love that tree! I made twister quilts a long time ago, before the plastic template was available to buy. It was a lot of work but so pretty to see when you were all done cutting it up and putting it back together! You really did a fabulous job of making it look like a tree! Just beautiful. K-
ReplyDeleteI love the twister patterns - I've made a few of the large ones, but not the small. I am in awe of your ability to figure out the placement of the squares to create such a beautiful tree!!! Wow!!!
ReplyDeleteI haven't tried the Twister yet, but your Christmas tree has truly inspired me! Absolutely stunning.
ReplyDeleteWow , you deserve to be one of the top for today , amazing , I can see why this took so many hours to create , just figuring it out must have been challenging . Thanks so much for sharing and maybe now I will actually use that twister ruler I own ;-)
ReplyDeleteJust wonderful... I've seen lots of twists, but, by far, this is the most creative use!
ReplyDeleteGreat Christmas Blocks. Thanks for sharing your work!
ReplyDeleteThis is simply fantastic. Wow is all I can say. Thank you so much for all your hard work and for sharing.
ReplyDeletequilting dash lady at comcast dot net
lovely work!! thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteYou did a fabulous job on this block...Seriously, it is fantastic!
ReplyDeleteHokey Duddles, lady! You were quite inspired and busy with this block. Fabulous~! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI love your twist and shout Christmas tree!
ReplyDeleteI love your mini quilt!! I have the little twister but have yet to use it. I was just gathering 2.5 inch squares. I'll have to rethink everything, you've inspired a new project!!
ReplyDeleteHi!!!! Somehow I had missed you on your day but so glad I found you today!!! Your block is beautiful and so unique!!! I love it!!!!
ReplyDeleteVery cool! Do you think you'll do a tutorial on it? It looks so complicated :)
ReplyDeleteYour mini Christmas tree quilt is amazing.....just gorgeous. I have the little twister and I'm going to have to open the package and be creative. Congrats on being picked one of the best blocks of the day. Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing in the block hop...happy stitching!!
ReplyDelete