So, I was perusing my blogger stats for fun, and saw that someone had arrived at my blog from Pinterest. What???? I thought to myself. What in the world have I done on my little blog that would merit a pin on Pinterest. I didn't even have an account there - on purpose because I have heard it is a time-sucker.
So I followed the link, and this is what I found:
I followed some of these, and found it had been pinned, and repinned, and pinned again. I am shocked. It isn't even completed! I know some commenters had said they wanted a tutorial or pattern, but I didn't really believe my little block was that special. So I wonder what it is about it that people like it that much.
I have never considered doing a tutorial. For one thing, I just don't think I have time.
For another, I didn't start this blog for anybody but myself. It has been a special treat that others was to read and see my quilting adventure.
So, my faithful readers (and you know who you are!), do you think I should do a tutorial?
Or write a pattern to sell in my future Etsy shop? I could definitely use a little extra cash. :)
Any feedback, positive or negative, is very welcome.
Oh, and this is post #98. So close to 100, and close to 10,000 views per the handy dandy blogger stats.
You know what that means!
Blessed Sewing,
Karen
P.S. someone arrived at my blog from Craft Gossip but I can't figure out how.
P.P.S. I am almost done with the August Schnibbles - quilting and all! I need to take some of the quilting out with my reverse sewing instrument, and then trim and bind it. Wahoo! And it is only August 20th!

I don't pay attention to pinterest at all. I would do what is comfortable to you. If you want to do the tutorial , do it for yourself. I do tutes occassionally, but there are things I like to keep just for myself.
ReplyDeletehi Karen i think if you could do with the extra money and there is a lot of interested people,sell it as pattern and it will help you as well.xx
ReplyDeleteKaren, I don't do pinterest either. I've heard it's a big time sucker.....and blogs and FB are about all the time I've got for messing around! But I do like the little Christmas tree block! And I think I use my reverse sewing instrument on my quilting more than I do my sewing machine!
ReplyDeleteBlessings.......
I love when people do tutorials, because I don't often have the extra $$ to spend on patterns. However, I made a tutorial once and it took me forever and I don't even know that anyone ever used it, so I don't know if it's worth the time.
ReplyDeleteDid you use one of those lil' twisters? I've toyed with buying one, but don't know if I'd use it and am not sure I want to fork out the $$ to buy one. Your block is lovely...so I'm not too surprised people pinned it.
I decided to close my pinterest - due to the fact that certain things weren't legal and then I realized it was just another time consumer. I spend enough time blogging, so didn't need one more outlet to zap away my minutes. =)
If you have the time then maybe you should make up a tutorial for it. If you need the extra money then a pattern would be good.
ReplyDeleteIt can take a while to do though so only do it if you really want to =D
Yes, I think you should do a tutorial; your little Christmas tree is cute and I for one like the Twister. In fact I'm working on one now. I don't understand Pintrest, I did open an account a long time ago but have never pinned anything. I had something similar, someone said they found me on Pintrest. Can people pin a project of yours and put it on Pintrest?
ReplyDelete