Warning - picture heavy!
A week ago I had the extreme pleasure of meeting Sandy Klop at our Minnesota Quilter's meeting.
I didn't think to get a picture with her, bummer! During show and tell, a couple of ladies had quilts to show with American Jane patterns or fabrics. I forgot mine! :(
I didn't think to get a picture with her, bummer! During show and tell, a couple of ladies had quilts to show with American Jane patterns or fabrics. I forgot mine! :(
The one below is made by my sister-in-law, Chellie. The fabric line is Punctuation, and the pattern is by Heather Mulder Peterson. She supplemented the fabric from her layer cake with fabrics she got from her grandmother in Oklahoma which appear to be from the 30's.
Embroidered Redwork. That is Sandy Klop on the left, and the quilt maker on the right.
Sandy told us how she ended up designing fabric, and where she finds her inspiration. Quite a bit of it seems to come from old children's books. She started out by reading a poem about Mary Engelbreit, Debbie Mumm, and one other. This is the quilt she made in honor of her early inspiration by them.
Isn't it adorable? And there is a teapot!!!
The rest of the pictures I will have today are some of her quilts made with children's type fabric. I love her primary colors and the playfulness. I will have another post later with her 'adult' quilts, and an idea for a block swap related to one of them. My sister-in-law and I are hoping we will have enough interest to do it!
I have fond memories of my Viewfinder. Isn't this clever?
Fairy Tale Friends - I used this for the baby quilt.
I like the variety of block designs around each 'picture in this one:
Love this Paper Doll themed quilt! I really need to do a quilt with yellow!
Cute Cute Cute!
I believe this is made with Sandy's most recent line of fabric:
It really was a blessing and so inspirational to see these.
I am really finding I like almost any style of quilt.
I have a new project I am working on - an Etsy shop. I like finding fabric at the Thrift Stores, and I have American Girl doll clothes my Aunt made to sell. And at some point, I want to try to sell patterns and small quilted items or quilts. I will post a link when the shop is ready, and will have a giveaway to celebrate that and 100 posts!
Blessed Sewing,
Karen
Oh, I just love them all! I have a lot of the fabric, but have not found the right setting/blocks for them - actually think I just still need to pet them more. AND I do remember the view finder - love it!!
ReplyDeleteGreat post, Karen. I love the quilt show. And yes, I remember Viewfinders. Good luck with the Etsy shop. It can be lots of fun!
ReplyDeleteMary
phew! wonderful xx
ReplyDeleteI so wish I could have made it to that meeting...and I really wanted to take her class. I sure hope I get a chance sometime. :) Good luck with the Etsy shop, I'm anxious to hear how it goes!
ReplyDeleteHi, love all the beautiful quilts! I would be interested in joining a block swap! Have to email me with the details but it sounds fun! Love everything you are doing busy woman!
ReplyDeleteWow that's so cool that you got to meet Sandy!!
ReplyDeleteWhat amazing looking quilts!
Good luck with the shop, check out this video that may help you when pricing
http://www.etsy.com/blog/en/2012/etsy-success-the-art-of-pricing-for-profit-workshop/
what gorgeous quilts Karen and i wish you well with your etsey shop.xx
ReplyDelete)h my gosh Sandy Klop in person, how exciting. Such darling parade of quilts. I need to make one.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on starting an etsy shop! Good luck and thank you for sharing all the lovely quilts!
ReplyDeleteSounds like it was a fun meeting. I have always enjoyed Sandy's patterns and fabric because I grew up in the 60's and it appeals to my "boomer" nostalgia.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your Etsy endeavor. :)
Judy
I am so glad you are sharing the pictures with us. I love them all!! Her stuff reminds me of my growing up years and learning to read.
ReplyDelete