This is my first 'quilt' - a little wall hanging made with some of those charm squares, and the pictures from one of the fabrics that highlight MN in Winter.
I received the pattern on the bus after playing a game. If I remember right, I stuck my foot up in the air faster than anyone else. I love pinwheels, which you will see in a later post. My SIL, Chellie (pronounced Shelly), suggested the flange. I mostly quilted stitch in the ditch, but I have used my walking foot to do some free quilting in the picture blocks to highlight them. It took me several months to get this finished - so my first quilt was a UFO for a long time.

Since this quilt is a winter themed quilt, I am entering it into SewCalGal's Christmas quilt contest. http://sewcalgal.blogspot.com/p/christmas-quilt-show.html I encourage you to visit and look at the lovely quilts everyone has entered. You can even vote, and leave a comment to have a chance to win a prize yourself! I don't expect to win, but it will be fun to enter.
Speaking of winning, I found out this morning that I won 2, yes 2, fabric giveaways today. I also won some FQ's a couple of weeks ago. I plan to show all of my giveaway wins after I receive the 2 new ones. I can't buy much fabric myself, so I am happy to have won some!
I almost forgot my last picture. Here is the furry member of our family curled up on this same quilt inside a box. You can see a little of the fun Debbie Mumm fabric I chose for the back. :) Sorry for the bad color.
This is really a special winter quilt - like they say, all good things come with time. Nicely done.
ReplyDeleteLove your wall hanging! I like the fussy cut squares and of course the pinwheels. Pinwheels are a favorite of mine too.
ReplyDeleteLove the blues, so wintery.
ReplyDeleteI love a quilt with a nice story attached to it. I also think it's beautiful, and love the Minnesota winter images.
ReplyDeletebeautiful quilt
ReplyDeleteVery cute!
ReplyDeleteThat's a really cute winter quilt. And "Haha!!" what is it about cats and quilts? And then cats and boxes? Looks like your kitty friend is in DOUBLE heaven. :D
ReplyDeleteThe blue in your quilt is fantastic.
ReplyDeleteCarolyn
So cozy!!!!! Love it and I love the fun feeling that oozes out of your writing!Thanks for writing and stay warm!
ReplyDeleteGreat first quilt. I love the pictorial squares. Thanks for sharing it.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful quilt and a great way to start! Love the blues!
ReplyDeleteThat is beautiful, and a great story to go with it!!
ReplyDeleteGreat story of how you got the fabric! Heehee! Really like your furbaby - I have a studio cat, too!
ReplyDeleteWinterfeeling pure.
ReplyDeleteWhat wonderful fabrics. I've never seen them.
Gorgeous blues in your quilt! always like to see pinwheels. Your quilt looks great.
ReplyDeleteI really like this quilt. What a great way to use the fabric! I like the pinwheels.
ReplyDeletebrrr the quilt makes me thing of winter and cold... but it looks like you inspector is warming things up a bit
ReplyDeletesounds like a fun Bus ride! Cute quilt
ReplyDeleteA perfect winter quilt--love the blues!
ReplyDeleteA real shivery quilt, it looks lovely
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun story! I wish they did a bus ride for our shop hop. That sounds really fun! You did a great job on the quilt :)
ReplyDeleteNice idea - I lived in Mpls one winter and your quilt perfectly explaining winter life there!!
ReplyDeletedoni @ Oregon coast
Sweet quilt! Cute story behind it too :)
ReplyDeletegreat quilt - but thanks for the story about how you won the pattern - that made me smile!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome quilt! Fun story! Thanks for sharing!!
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing quilt!! It's so blue and icy :-)
ReplyDeleteLovely blue and white quilt. The Minnesota squares are a lot of fun.
ReplyDeleteThe cat is definitely happy with the quilt!
ReplyDeleteVery nice looking winter quilt. your cat is beautiful.too.
ReplyDeleteCongrats, two winnings in a roll. Lucky girl.
This certainly says "Winter". Nice job.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun way to become introduced to quilting - I'd like to trip a Shop Hop one of these days. Nice job on your winter quilt.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful first quilt, and a great way to start quilting. I haven't ever done a shop hop before but have always thought they sounded like fun. :o) I am a new follower to your blog. Nice to *meet* you. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your story. I am partial to blue as you can see with my various comments on other "blue" quits. Yours is very special for many reasons.
ReplyDeleteSallyKingemail@gmail.com
How wonderful that this is your first quilt! What a beauty! Thanks for sharing it with us :-)
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful quilt. Great job!
ReplyDeleteThat's so pretty - I really like the way the blue and white pictures and the fabric work together.
ReplyDelete