Thursday, November 17, 2011

TNT Thursday. My new thing? Blogging!

You may be wondering about the name of this blog.  It is a work in progress, so for now I just listed 3 things that are important to me.  I love tea and teashops and that whole genteel mentality.  I am a new quilter who is quite enamored of the possibilities.  And I am on a mission to change my health after having quite a few issues the past 2 years.  I need to lose weight, but I am approaching it more as changing my eating habits.  Along with these, I am also a Christ Follower but won't shove it down your throat.  I may talk about that a little bit also since it is a big part of who I am!

So here are my sampler blocks - I laid them on top of the pillow from yesterday since the pink fabric is the same.  All hand pieced.  Don't you just love those 80's colors?  Dusty Rose, Maroon and Teal.  :)  I actually still like the combo and I am thinking of trying to do one a month - still hand piecing.

Bear Paw - I still really like this one!
Jacob's Ladder?

I don't remember the name of this block.


So far I am enjoying the blogging, and already have a follower!  Thank you Sandi!  I won a pattern and fabric by The Noble Wife from Sandi last summer.  She is a fellow Minnesotan, with a wonderful blog called A Legacy of Stitches.  When she posts about her adventures in Minnesota, I love it because she lives in the area where my Mom grew up and where I visited a lot when I was growing up.  I miss St. Peter and the area around it.

I will be joining the local Quilt Guild tonight.  My SIL has been going for quite a while and I visited last summer.  Would you believe our neighbor from when I was a child is also a member.  It was so great to see her, and I look forward to seeing her again.  I think I will show off one of the items I brought to the Guild in my next post.

Have a great day everyone.  I am going to try to link up to TNT Thursdays at Happy Quilting.  New thing I did this week - I finally started my blog!  Yippee Skippee as Melissa would say.

4 comments:

  1. Yippee Skippee Indeed!!! That is tremendous!! Starting a blog can be quite overwhelming. And yours looks great!! Your sampler blocks are absolutely beautiful. Welcome to the wonderful On-line quilting community :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Welcome to blogland. I'm impressed, you're even linking up, it took me months to figure that out. Just an FYI, you may want to change your profile setting from a no-reply blogger (that took me a while to figure out too.) Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a new blogger too. Congrats on taking the leap. Enjoy the internet quilting community and your local quilt guild.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to blogland - it really is a great place to learn new things and meet some fantastic people. Looking forward to reading your future posts!

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody, I love comments and new friends!