Love the Bee in My Bonnet Row-Along. Lori's style is just so 'CUTE'. :)
I have learned yet again through this that I am not good at truly scrappy quilts.
I spend way too much time trying to make things look perfect and balanced.
I have to use my favorite fabrics, fussy cut if possible (see that red butterfly - the 4th one from the top?),
and in general control everything.
I worked on putting rows 1 and 2 together last weekend, and cut out row 3, 4, 5 and most of 6.
I had all of my fabric scraps and FQ's strewn around my living room all weekend, and only left the
house Sunday to go get my kids. By far the most creating I have done for a long time.
I was able to do all of that cutting without any increase in swelling or pain in my left hand,
Praise the Lord!
Now I need to get going on my February Finish for Lovely Year of Finishes. I miss being able to spray baste. I plan to do the pin basting tomorrow night and hopefully some of the quilting also.
My blog name is Quilting, Losing and Tea. For those who are newer followers, the Losing part
was my attempt to make myself more accountable to lose weight and get healthier,
and the Tea part represents my love of Afternoon Tea.
I haven't touched on either of those topics very much so thought I would do so today.
My brother loves online local auctions, and buys treasures for all of us there.
Last year for my birthday he gave me this set.
Now mind you, although I had gotten a wonderful present in 2011 for my 50th birthday
(jewelry that had more than 50 garnets - he surpassed his goal),
I hadn't received any gifts from him for many years, and certainly didn't expect any.
This is Noritake China, and the pattern is Graywood.
This includes 6 plates, cups, teapot, creamer and sugar. It is in perfect condition.
Then he surprised me again this year, and gave me this lovely lusterware? set made in Czechoslovakia.
There are 5 cups and 5 plates, no saucers.
I have not mentioned my need to lose weight for about a year.
All of my health problems have made it hard to put the energy into it since I would come home exhausted.
The Enbrel has helped me regain some of my normal energy level, so I am planning menus
and have been doing quite a bit of walking in comparison to the past couple of years.
Does anybody know how to direct your posts to certain pages on the blog?
I want to start blogging about my weight loss journey again, but not on this main page.
I appreciate any pointers I can get. I have tried to use Blogger help, but haven't figured it out yet.
I really need the discipline that would be involved in blogging about my road to better health.
I hope you have all had a great week!
And,
Love your butterfly blocks! Can't wait to see it all put together.
ReplyDeleteSo happy to read that you are feeling better Karen. I love your rows... They really look fabulous. As far as pointing to your "Losing" page, I think you would have to post on your main page with a link to your "Losing" one. Make sense?
ReplyDeleteLove your rows Karen. I've been toying with starting that project too, but just seem to have a problem with scrappy....and I don't have bright scraps so I would need to purchase. Yours are beautiful! :)
ReplyDeleteThere is a way to create separate pages on your blog, go to the upper right corner where it says in smaller print new post, design, sign out.. click on design, then click on Pages,and then New Page. It will let you have several that will show up at the top of your home page with tabs. Or it can direct you to a separate web site altogether, I think. Let me know if that helps. I love your row-along. Looking forward to watching it progress some more. :) It's looking great!! :)
ReplyDeletethe secret to scrap quilts is to ... RELAX and let it happen xx LOVE your china... nothing better than a cup of tea out of a china cup xx
ReplyDeleteLove the rows Karen, know what you mean about being truly scrappy it is much harder than it looks!
ReplyDeleteI'm off to have Afternoon Tea in Edinburgh this weekend so will think of you when I have my first cup!
Ohh,your rows are looking Fab! So glad that you have joined the row along,I have been having so much fun and learning so much too :0)
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful gift from your brother! Having tea will be just that much more enjoyable!
The quilt is really pretty! And I hope that you succeed with your weight loss - I find that walking for an hour a day is just the trick.
ReplyDeletePomona x
Good job Karen.I love pictures of quilts in snow.
ReplyDeleteFrom FNSI. Love the tea sets, the lustre one particularly, your brother has really nice taste.
ReplyDelete