Tuesday, February 5, 2013

February Lovely Finish Goal - New Shop Items

It is time to post my goal for a finish in February for Melissa and Shanna for the:

A Lovely Year of Finishes

My goal is to complete another one of my 2012 Schnibble projects.

I LOVE my 1934 Style 'Doc' Schnibble.  The only thing I didn't love is the dimensions I chose.
It ended up too long.  So I decided to split it into 2 and make table toppers.  
This first one is going to be for my dear Aunt Lora.  
She is my second Mom, Aunt, and Best Friend all rolled into one!

I need to finish the borders, sandwich it, quilt it and bind it.  


I have Quilters Night into Day this weekend.  I have not made it to our Community Ed quilting sessions at all since last May due to conflicts.  We will go from 6-9 on Friday night, leave our things, and then 9-3 on Saturday.  I am really looking forward to it.  I plan to do the borders for this top and get the binding ready to go this weekend.  And then I am going to start working on Lori Holt's Row-Along.  

FINALLY!

It is kind of funny.  My dear blogging friend Izzy just started the Row-Along.
Neither of us had mentioned we wanted to do this, and now we are starting on it at the same time.
We really have similar taste in what we like to work on, don't we Izzy?

I am happy to report that my joints are getting much better now that I have been on the Enbrel for 3 weeks.   
I am going to try to do some cutting for the row-along tomorrow night and Thursday night in hopes I don't 
irritate the joints on my left hand too much.  We will see how it goes!

I have a few things I am adding to my Etsy shop.  And I am reducing the prices on all of the 
DS Quilts FQ.  I really thought I would sell those easily since her designs are so popular.  
If you are interested, take a look.  I have 1/2 yard or more of many of the prints, so just 
let me know what you are interested in by contacting me via Etsy.

Here are the items I will be adding:

2 pretty vintage gingham aprons with embroidery.  One is blue and the other is brown. 
I decided I have to keep the lavender one I bought at the same time.  :)



A couple pieces of canvas weight cotton - great for making a bag?

The Flintstones!

Groovy 1970's style!


Enjoy looking at the other planned projects for February!




4 comments:

  1. your aunt will love that quilt Karen its gorgeous,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved the "card trick" pattern - it was my first real quilt. Your version looks awesome! Good luck on finishing and on the row along. I've wanted to participate in that one, but I just don't have the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes - so funny how you and I have so much in common without realizing. :-) I love your Doc and can't wait to see it finished. Oh and those aprons are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The card trick was the first pieced block I ever sewed! Love yours,it is going to make such a nice table runner :0)

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody, I love comments and new friends!