Hi Friends! Thank you for coming to visit!
First I will start with my mid-month check-in for the Lovely Year of Finishes.
Last weekend I went to the "Quilter's Night into Day" through Community Ed in our School District.
I put borders on the quilt that is my goal for the month, and cut out the back and batting.
When I realized I didn't have the right thread to do the quilting, I switched over to a project
that I have been wanting to do for a long time now. The Row Along at Bee in My Bonnet.
These little squares will become Row 1.
And these lovely Butterflies or "Flutter By's" as my cousin used to say will be for Row 2.
My children are at their Dad's house so I am planning to set up the card table in the Living Room
and get these 2 rows finished while watching CSI NY and Blue Bloods. :)
Now I want to show you some lovely new (to me) fabric.
First are some wonderful scraps I recently won from Brooke at Silly Mama Quilts.
Mostly Winter/Christmas scraps including Wrenly (which I have been in love with forever)
and those cute scenes from Winter Wonderland.
And this wonderful group of smaller scraps, including some mini charms from Glamping.
The next group of fabrics are quite old - probably about 10 years. When I bought my Debbie Mumm Lavender Tea Garden dishes, I was aware there was fabric that went along with them. However, I wasn't quilting or sewing at the time (Single Mom with really young ones and broken sewing machine), so I never purchased any. When I first became interested in quilting a couple of years ago, I did several Internet searches and found a couple of pieces. Not enough to do much with.
Switching gears, I recently became obsessed for a couple of days with a Facebook site
where you can purchase destashed fabric. I bought a great variety from one lady, and then planned
to remove my membership due to the extreme temptation.
For some reason, I started looking at the pictures someone else had posted of their items for sale.
And guess what I found?
Jackpot! Happy Dance!
Six different cuts of fabric from Lavender Tea Garden.
4 are yardage and 2 are FQ's.
Now I just have to find the other pieces I found and make some plans.
Maybe a table topper to start?
FYI, the dishes feature those 4 teapots with a checkerboard rim, and there are actual teapots
that match as well as canisters, a platter and bowls. I had been looking for new dishes for about
4 years when I found these, and it was love at first sight.
But, the price was out of range.
A few months later I decided to go to Mervyn's to drool and gaze longingly at them.
And what did I find?
Woo Hoo! They were on clearance.
Several trips later to various stores, and I had 12 place settings and most of the accessories. :)
I still love them as much as I did then and I am thrilled I can make fabric items to go with the dishes.
I hope you are getting a chance to do what you love this weekend.
Maybe that includes Quilting?
Life has ways of getting those things we want and cheering us up! God's looking after you and I am glad. I'll keep my eyes out for that other piece for you. Enjoy your alone time stop in and see my grand baby!
ReplyDeleteyou did well Karen,everytime i want to buy something it is sold,i am too slow,lol.boy you have been so busy.xx
ReplyDeleteGreat finds. Isn't it wonderful when things work out like that? :-)
ReplyDeleteKaren,when you have a minute,stop by my blog,you have been nominated for the Liebster Award :0)
ReplyDeleteLove the vintage fabrics!
ReplyDelete