Thursday, March 7, 2013

Marching and Rowing Along

I didn't meet my Lovely Year of finishes goal for February.   
I found I wanted to work on the row-along instead.  I just love piecing, and don't enjoy quilting.
So, my March goal is the same as February - finish up this table topper:

  

We had another Quilter's Night Out last weekend through Community Ed.  I worked on 2 of the rows I had cut out for Lori Holt's Row Along.

Apples ( I will be redoing a couple of these.  I love the green apple with the bug.
Recognize the fabric Lisa?


Cups - Love them all.  I had too much fun fussy cutting most of these.


5 Rows.  I have the Flying Geese cut out so that will be the next row.  
But I have committed to myself that I won't work on this until the quilting is done as mentioned above.
I was able to get this picture by using the cooking demonstration mirror in the FACS room where we sew at the H.S.  :)  so the rows are backwards.   


The kids are now on Spring Break for the next week.  And I am going to join them next week. 
First 'vacation' for 2 years.  The only other time I have had more than a couple of days off in a 
row in those 2 years was recovery from major surgery summer of 2011.  

I haven't have time to read blogs the past few weeks very much and I miss you all!  
Maybe I can catch up next week?  We will see.  We might be busy getting out and about.

7 comments:

  1. its looking great Karen,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your vacation Karen...your quilts are lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure do a nice job piecing! Not everyone is good at that! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen, love the colours in your row quilt they look great. Have a lovely vacation. Hope the weather is good. Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving those rows. Those cups are just so cute. Have a great vacation Karen!

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody, I love comments and new friends!