Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Spring Break Fun

Warning:  Very Picture Heavy

Hello friends!  I have missed you!
I can't believe that it has been almost a month since I posted!  I hinted in my last post that we would be having fun on Spring Break.  For the first time in 4 years, we were able to take a trip somewhere and have a vacation.  My Dad lives in Florida right between Orlando and Tampa!  So we had a week down there.

We started the week with a visit to our favorite tea room.  My Mom first brought me here when my children were too young to go with us, but my daughter joined us as soon as she was old enough.  She asked me on the way down when we would be going there!  I love having traditions like this. 
Here are some pictures of Lavender & Lace in Lake Alfred, FL.  It is housed in this pretty old house.


Would you believe this is the same table we had 4 years ago?
And we think it is the table we had the last time we went with my Mom shortly before she passed away.


View from our table on the sun porch.


Lots of vintage china.




Gift Shop!  


Outside Courtyard



I highly recommend Lavender & Lace if you are in the area.

We spent our last day at the Magic Kingdom.  It was so fun!  
We were there from 10:30 a.m. to 12:45 a.m. the next morning.  We didn't get to go on as many rides as we wanted because it was very crowded and had to wait in lines a long time, unfortunately.

Sorry, I can't get this one right side up!


We also went to Gatorland and took a boat ride to try to see dolphins.   Unfortunately, it was cold and windy that day so we didn't get to see any.  :(  

While we were on the Gulf, we also went to a beach for a little bit.  
My son did go in the water.  Hardy Minnesotan!

Son wrestling an Alligator!


Son and Daughter.



All in all, it was definitely our best vacation ever.  It is so much easier with older children!

I haven't touched my sewing machine for almost a month now.  
There are too many other things that need my attention, and my new job is definitely more demanding.

Hopefully I will have a chance to sew another row for the Row-Along this weekend!

Blessed Sewing,
Karen

9 comments:

  1. that tea room is absolutely gorgeous,and good to have you back.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tea room looks lovely, but definitely not somewhere you could take toddlers! Nice to have those family traditions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy you had such a great time on vacation! That tea house looks wonderful. You have a beautiful family Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tea room and how wonderful to share a tradition. So glad you had a great family vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was starting to worry about you! So glad you got to have a trip. And I would love to go to that tea room. What fun! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a wonderful time. I am envious of your visit to the tea room!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Family vacations are wonderful at the time,and also in the memories that are created,and stored away to pull out and look at later :) Thank you for sharing your family with us,as well as your favorite tea spot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Karen! It looks like you had a great time!! I just got around to using the charm squares you sent me and thought you might want to have a look:
    http://pacountrycrafts.blogspot.com/2013/04/summer-breeze-charm-tote.html

    Thanks, again!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had a wonderful time. I like you have been absent from my sewing room for far too long, but hope to get back in there soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody, I love comments and new friends!