Saturday, November 3, 2012

Picture Posting Problem Solved and Giveaway Winner

Thank you to my wonderful friend and blogging buddy Denise at Count it *All* Joy,
 I have solved my picture problem.  She let me know how she compresses her pictures.  
It took a little bit of hunting online, but I figured out the Microsoft product she was using to do it.
I was able to go into my picture files for the blog and compress them all.  
Then when I added these pictures of last months Schnibbles in progress today, it was SO FAST!
I am excited this happened even thought is was a temporary pain
because now I can save time loading pictures.

The results of squaring up:


Hubble almost done and ready to have the sections joined:


Last night I cut out all the little pieces for this months Little Bites - Drop.  
I want to get done right away this month so I can maybe start my own bed quilt finally.

I have not made square in square blocks before, so it should be fun.  I am making the top left version.  
Click on the picture to purchase this for yourself from Carrie Nelson of Miss Rosie's Quilt Company!


Each block will be 2.5" when finished.  Teeny tiny pieces.


I used part of a Coming Home jelly roll by Deb Strain to have the 2.5" pieces I needed.
On the left are all the cut off selvages.  Someday I would like to do a Selvage project



I didn't forget about the giveaway!  Thank you to everyone who visited my shop and took a look around.  
I was a little bit bummed that it didn't generate more sales on my Etsy shop as I had hoped, 
but grateful for the exposure and the sales I did receive!  If anybody has any ideas on how to
help people find my shop, I would appreciate it!  
I have too much money tied up in the inventory to be able to hunt out more items.  
That is a bummer because it is so fun to find the vintage fabrics.

Without further ado, here is our winner:



Congratulations to Jennie!  She has the most adorable blog that I am now following.  I hope you will visit and take a look:  


Jennie, I am sending you an email now and will send out your DS Quilts fabric
as soon as I have your address.

Have a happy weekend, all!


  



7 comments:

  1. Your hubble is going to be amazing Karen! And I can't wait to see Drop. Congrats to the winner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Jennie!! And I'm *so* glad you got the picture problem figured out. Yay!!! Good things happening all around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just checked out your Etsy shop again and although I do not sell on Etsy I do have a few suggestions. You may want to take more pictures of the items for sale, especialaly the American Girl dresses. The photos are very small, show no detail and don't "zoom out" even when you click on the zoom button. This may help you. I do a lot of online, ebay, etsy shopping and I always want to take a better look at something before I buy. My two cents :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that is stunning and congrats to Jennie.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great looking star! Such fin bright prints.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hubble is simply amazing,love your choice of prints too! The row along I am working on has lots of tiny pieces too,have fun with it :) Congrats to Jennie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the colors you choose for Hubble. It is looking great!

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody, I love comments and new friends!