Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I Love Thrifting and Craigslist Because..

I can find such neat things!  I took a trip a little south of me to Minneapolis on Sunday to check out some fabric someone had for sale.  Very fun - mostly Ikea Children's fabric on small bolts


and Christmas Fabric.  


All the new fabrics are listed in my Etsy shop.  
I also split up all the DS Quilts fabric bundles into individual FQ's since none of it has sold yet.  

While I was in a different area of the Twin Cities, I checked out a thrift shop I have not been to.  
Score!  I found this adorable little teapot.  It is staying right here.  ;)


 Here is another picture with a couple of other teapots I have found at thrift shops.


I also found these 2 small teacup and saucer sets that are stamped "Made in Occupied Japan"
(these are also in the shop).





On the sewing front, I have finished putting my "Little Bites - Drop" squares together.
I need to square them up the 2nd time to 3 inches square and then sew them together.


For those of you who know about my health challenge, things are a little bit better.  
I have more energy and can focus on things better!  But my left hand is still bad and very painful.
I suppose holding a ruler while rotary cutting or fabric while sewing doesn't exactly help.  
But the little sewing I am doing is helping me stay sane.

I was just invited to a baby shower for a work colleague.  
I am going to try to crank out a couple of baby bibs for her before Friday.  Yikes!  
I have more adorable Ikea fabric that will be perfect for bibs when I fussy cut some of the figures.

I hope you are all having a wonderful November so far.  I am reading blogs when I can get time on our laptop.  The old one I was using has died so there are 3 of us who want to share the new one.

Take care all, and


p.s. My one year blogging anniversary is in 3 days.   
Hmmm, wonder what special thing I can do to celebrate?

6 comments:

  1. love that tea pot and those cups and saucers Karen,glad you are coping better.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a local sewing/crafting/etc. yardsale group on facebook -- and I've gotten some marvelous buys there ($3/yard fabric!), so I can totally appreciate your appreciation for thrifting and craig's list!! Glad you are feeling better and staying SANE!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun fabrics and your quilt is going to be so cute! Great job on always making the deadline. I have about 10 of them started and in pieces yet...oh well gives me something to work on next year. Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that teapot Karen! And I can't wait to see your Drop - such nice fabric. By the way, Blogger is getting me really frustrated because your blog keeps disappearing from my reading list! I keep missing your posts!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just realized the same thing was happening to me with yours! I think I need to go to my own blog roll each day since my favorites are listed there!

      Delete
  5. The teapot is adorable Karen, you definitely couldn't pass it by!

    Glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better too.

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody, I love comments and new friends!