Monday, December 5, 2011

Giveaway Prize Made!

Last week, I won 2 fabric giveaways in the same day.  I have entered so many, and have gratefully won a couple in the past few months.  I will show those wins soon!

The first email I received last Wednesday was from It's Sew Kiki.  She had a giveaway for a Christmas wall hanging kit.  The wonderful sponsor for the giveaway was Quilt Kit Market.  I had been looking at the great deal they had at Quilt Kit Market for free shipping, and a free charm pack with purchase just the day before.  So I quickly placed an order and let the owner know so she could ship them together.

It all arrived on Saturday.  Here is a picture of my prize before opening.  Isn't that bag pretty?
Next up, a picture of the fabric in the kit.  A Reindeer Games charm pack and 2 coordinating fabrics - designed by Sandy Gervais.  Won't the coordinating cream fabric make a great binding?
Here is the fabric with the pattern.  It is called Done! by Sandy Gervais.
This was a perfect win for me since I have started making a series of seasonal wall hangings.  Now I have a Christmas one!  I started working on it on Saturday evening, and stayed up late because I was so excited.  I finished all the rows that night.  Sunday after church I bought some Heat n'bond at JoAnne's so I could iron the ribbon on.  Now it is all done!
I plan to do a blanket stitch in gold around the ribbon, and after it is quilted, add some beads or other decorative touches.  It was fast and simple, and oh so cute!  If you have any embellishment ideas, I would love to hear them.

Oh, and here is a picture of my purchase.  I plan to do some Schnibbles quilts next year, and found out you usually need 2 charm packs.  I already had 1 Terrain pack, and have been wanting Hometown since it came out.  The great sale at Quilt Kit Market goes through today if you are interested!



I am linking this up to Love Affair with My Brother - This Week
Love Affair with my Brother

11 comments:

  1. Oh this present quilt is wonderful!! Really make me smile. What a joyful, playful quilt. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, that's some nice loot! I keep grabbing bits and pieces of Hometown when I see it. Eventually I'll stop shopping for it and make something with it. Good for you for putting your Reindeer Games charm pack to such quick work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your stacked presents wall hanging! Nice score.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, can I still catch that sale? hmm. ha! Very tempting. Love your package all wrapped up like that. What fun mail. And you already have your kit done, it is soo gorgeous and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job! So glad you like the kit! Can't wait to see it finished. Congratulations again on your win and thank you so much for following It's Sew Kiki!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lucky day :) lots of fun!! The fabrics are wonderful. I'm sure you will enjoy them. It sure looks cold where you are!

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats on your wins and your wallhanging is so nice,well done

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for winning! I love your little wall hanging! You did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on winning some beautiful fabrics, love the wall-hanging!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't it fun to win? Your mini is really cute. Love the little gift boxes all stacked up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats and love the wall hanging :D!

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody, I love comments and new friends!