I was fortunate enough to 'win' another traveling stash box. This time it was sent to me from one of
my 'oldest' blogging friends - CeLynn from CeLynn's Sunflower Patch. Hi CeLynn!
If you would like to check on the origin and status of all of the Traveling Stash boxes,
click the suitcase above! Thank you to Katie for keeping track of them for us.
The box arrived promptly on Saturday afternoon, and I had a great time diving into the treasures.
Here are pics of what was in the box when I received it. (I apologize for the pictures. My camera
hasn't been working very well so all my pictures are a little bit blurry)
Various Trims, Notions and thread
Patterns
Pretty fabric - smaller pieces. A coin purse frame, some trim and 'chopsticks'.
Larger cuts of fabric, a mug rug, and zip bag.
Mostly fat quarters
More Fat Quarters!
A Kate Spain 'Serenade' Own apron panel
Here is what I am keeping. A few Lori Holt charms, some FQ's, that pretty stack of fabric to
the right (they are a little bit bigger than a charm), and a charm pack of batiks.
2 Patterns, the coin purse frame (I have been wanting to try to make one!), the trim and buttons.
Here is what I am adding to the box to replace what I took:
10 FQ's and a cute bag pattern. The pink dotted fabric on the left is Moda Marbles and the
cute striped one is Michael Miller Atomic Kitchen. On the right is Going Coastal, a pale pink with
dots from Sunny Happy Skies, and 3 Lori Holt Daisy Cottage FQ's. I will also be adding a mostly
complete charm pack - picture will be added tomorrow. There may be some other goodies that
make their way into the box before it is sent off! It needs to be stuffed full, you know!
Would you like to be the next recipient of this box? If so, please read the rules below and
if you agree with them, leave a comment telling me which is your favorite item in the box.
You can leave a second comment if you are a follower. As I write this post, I have 197 followers -
when I reach 200 I am going to have a giveaway.
Deadline for comments is Thursday May 30 at 7:00 p.m. CDST. If I get the winners address by Friday morning I will get it mailed off that day since I have a vacation
day on Friday. If not, it will go out the following Monday - I am heading to northern Minnesota
Friday for a Single Mom's retreat!! FYI for those of you who may have heard her on
Christian Radio, the worship leader is going to be Sara Groves!!!!
Blessed Sewing,
Karen
Rules and Guidelines
- Be an active blogger -- post about receiving the box and the giveaway in a timely manner
- Update the travel log in the box to let others know where the box has been.
- There is a list of rules and guidelines in the box -- be sure to follow these to keep the box full of quality items and the experience positive for everyone.
- You may take any items from the box just be sure that you are replacing them with quality and comparable items. (Guidelines for fabric below)
- Ship box to the next person timely -- and communicate tracking information with recipient.
- Shipping is within the US only
Fabric and other item Guidelines
- Fabric should be quilt shop quality and in new condition. Do not include items smaller than a fat quarter unless it falls into one of the other categories and these should be packaged together.
- Jelly Roll -- 2.5 inch strips (typically 40 strips per set)
- Honey Buns -- 1.5 inch strips (typically 40 strips per set)
- Desert Roll -- 10 strips 5 inches wide cut the length of the fabric
- Turnovers -- 80 (6 inch) triangles
- Candy Squares -- 2.5 inch squares (typically 45 squares per set)
- Charms -- 5 inch squares (typically 40 squares per set)
- Layer Cake -- 10 inch squares (typically 40 squares per set)
- Patterns / Books should be in new or nearly new condition and should be kept to a minimum as this adds bulk and weight.
- Other items should be new or gently used condition and should be packaged as necessary to ensure that all parts remain together.
Important Things to Remember
- Please ensure that items in the box are quality. If items in the box are poor quality they should be removed. Items that are being removed can be offered for optional inclusion to the next recipient. Poor quality items can be discarded but this should be done with digression.
- Only include items that you would be proud to own -- this is not a dumping ground for outdated or worn items
- Items should be free of smoke, odors and pet hair
- You must replace all items that you take with items of equal value and replacing with more than you take is welcome :)

Karen thanks for getting this posted so quickly -- I dd the updated posting today (forgot yesterday was Monday) so I am hoping you get lots of interest.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a great stash, alas too expensive to post to me :(
ReplyDeletethis is a wonderful box...please add my name to the drawing.
ReplyDeleteAdd me! Add me! :o)
ReplyDeleteDo Not add my name to the Giveaway Karen! I just wanted to say Hi back my friend :)
ReplyDeleteDang! I missed the drawing by one day :( I totally would love to win this box. I see some scrumptious goodies and have a ton more I could exchange into the box!
ReplyDelete