Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Tweet Tweet! It's All For the Birds!


As soon as I saw the post go up about a blog hop called "For the Birds", 
I knew I wanted to participate.  I had some fabric featuring Australian birds that I won from Carol at Blessed Mum over a year ago and I have wanted to make something special with it.

THANK YOU Madam Samm and our Cheerleader for this hop - Mary from I Piece 2 Mary.
Such a great idea, and I so appreciate your time.

Before I show off my (mostly) finished project, I would like to share the other 'bird' quilt I made.  This was probably about my 4th or 5th quilt, and it was my first attempt at designing something myself. I made it as the challenge quilt for my former guild's quilt show a year ago.  I think my skills have come a long way since then, but I still love it!  I named it Spring Tweet.


Now to show off my new wallhanging.   I had this idea of a vine with the birds showcased in my mind for several weeks.  Overall I like how it turned out.  The background is cream, the leaves are from a Denyse Schmidt fabric, and the border is from "Fly a Kite".  I have more quilting to do and I need to add the border.



These are my favorite birds.  They are just so cute.


Another close up.


There are so many wonderful bloggers participating in this blog hop.  
Following are my fellow 'birders' for today.  Please visit and show them some bloggy love!

Wednesday, May 15




49 comments:

  1. so pretty Karen,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love your vine meandering through your quilt! And those birdies are my favorites, also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The vine really showcases the birds. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable. Love the birds on the branch.
    Thanks for sharing. Frederika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely birds! The ones perched on the branch is darling! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great way to use such lovely fabric Karen. I would be hard-pushed to pick a favourite I think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, love the birds in the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty wall hanging, love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice job. Love your birds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilt is so cute. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute quilts...the birds are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable pieces!! you did wonderful with your projects

    ReplyDelete
  13. My compliments for your own design! I love both your bird quilts, they are beautiful! I love the bird fabric. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Karen. very pretty, soft, thanks for flying with us...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice. The vine going through the quilt was a great idea. Beautiful wall hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Vey nice. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the birds on your first quilt. Great job! Your second quilt is lovely. This was a great way to display those cute bird blocks--love your vine and leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very sweet - love the vine and leaf with cute vintage looking fussy cut birds.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the little quilt! I'll bet you are anxious to finish it up and be able to use it or display it. Thanks for joining the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely way to feature the bird fabrics in this latest piece. Appreciate your being part of the hop and sharing your Spring Tweet too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The fabric and colors in your wall hanging are beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Karen love the wall hanging, especially the bird fabric. I think you made excellent use of it. Thanks for sharing. Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Karen, you did a great job on your wall hanging. Love how you did the vine. Thank you so much for being part of this hop.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very nice. Great job on your bird work!

    ReplyDelete
  25. nice work. great thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  26. What cute projects you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your birds-very nice projects. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely projects. The bird fabric is pretty. Nice job. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  29. very cute - I like the vine meandering through the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Both of your projects are great but it's the design of the first one that really sings to me.

    ReplyDelete
  31. love both of your projects, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very pretty bird projects!
    cheers
    maggie

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi!!! Love both of your bird quilts!!!! They are very sweet and pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Gorgeous fabric - the birds look so real. You did showcase them perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your birds are lovely. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your wall hanging is so pretty with the vine taking you from the top bird to the bottom. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing and being a great stop on the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love both your wall hangings but I can see why you say your work has improved over time. Australian birds are so interesting. That must be fun fabric to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your color choices are "sew" pretty, nice work on both !

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love seeing your progress from the 1st one to the current one. It is nice to see our improvement as we grow like the leaves on your vines do. The designs are both simple yet stunning. Thank You for sharing your birds with us all on this hop.

    Sincerely,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody, I love comments and new friends!