I am not going to apologize for being absent for a while. I have been trying to take care of a lot of
cleaning and organizing that is months/years overdue in my home. I am a clutter bug but want to
have better control. Especially since I now have a lot of fabric to keep organized.
It has felt good to work on this and I have not allowed myself to sew until my room is totally clean.
Some of the stuff might be in boxes in the closet for now, but at least it is not all over the place. ;)
My 9 Great Granny squares were completed a few weeks ago but I haven't shared all of them here yet.
Most of the fabric I used is from Lori Holt's Sew Cherry line.
I absolutely love these.
I also purchased some more vintage fabric for my Etsy shop. The man I bought it from was selling his
Aunt's estate and had already sold hundreds of yards by the sound of it. Most had receipts from the 1950's and 1960's. Not only was it fun to look at what was left, but I had an amazing view while I did it.
He lives in one of the most exclusive condo communities on the south edge of Minneapolis on the
23rd floor. It was a clear day, with a lot of color everywhere I looked.
I didn't bring much money with me on purpose, but here are the treasures:
I also listed some DS Quilts bundles.
Monday I finally see the Rheumatologist
I am hoping for some answers that will help my swollen,
painful joints. I appreciate your prayers!
I love your ps blocks especially the ones with the fussy cut centers. Hmmmm that's some nice vintage fabric you found....must go check out your shop again...
ReplyDeleteWhat fun things!! I love the dancing couple -- they made me smile! :)
ReplyDeleteNice to catch up with you again Karen, some great fabric finds too!
ReplyDeleteLove all your Great Granny Squares Karen! Beautiful colors!
ReplyDeleteLove your blocks and those fabrics are amazing! :) You will definitely be in my prayers for healing.
ReplyDeleteWow what sweet blocks, the fabric has a fun vintage look to it! A great haul of fabrics there for the shop, I hope the sales are going well? =D
ReplyDeleteHi Karen,although I missed reading your posts,I also understand about getting your sewing room organized :) Mine is in progress. Sounds like you had a great time while shopping! Love your Granny squares,I am starting a Granny Christmas quilt using Flurry! I love Lori Holt's new line Polka Dot Stitches,it is on my wish list :) Will be praying for you,for some answers and relief as well.
ReplyDeletethose are so pretty. I keep seeing the granny squares all over and want to make some myself, I used to crochet so I especially think they're adorable
ReplyDelete