Monday, November 27, 2017

Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilts!

Last year I made the En Provence Mystery Quilt with Bonnie Hunter.  
It was a wonderful adventure in scrap quilting.

I was so fortunate to be able to show it to her when she visited Minnesota!


This was a labor of love, and once I have it quilted, it will be on my bed.

Which brings me to this years mystery quilt - On Ringo Lake.  Bonnie came up with the color scheme when she spent time at a cabin with family on Ringo Lake in central Minnesota.  This picture is a great representation of the beauty of the more than 10,000 lakes we have here.



It turns out that the family cabin I spent more than 50 years visiting is just north of Ringo Lake.  Norway Lake will always have a special place in my heart.
I love the color scheme, and that it arose from Bonnie's visit to my lovely state. 

Here are some pictures of my part 1 units.  I am mostly done!
See the white fabric with the loon?  And the brown fabric with words?  
Those fabrics are both from the Shop Minnesota Shop Hop a few years ago.  
I love that I can add them to this quilt.





Thank you Bonnie for another great mystery quilt to work on.


Blessed Quilting, Karen

5 comments:

  1. Looks great Karen! That is a really good idea to incorporate some of your Minnesota shop hop fabric from previous years. Now I have to see what I have that I can incorporate into the On Ringo Lake Mystery Quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chellie! There will be a little bit in the strips I bring you tonight. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Karen!! I love your finished top - the colours are right up my alley! And looks like the 2nd quilt will be just as lovely - loving all the blues!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody, I love comments and new friends!