Monday, December 11, 2017

On Ringo Lake Mystery - Part 3

Winter hit MN over the past couple of weeks, 
and I am sitting at my sewing table (card table!) with cold toes.  
But I am also feeling content with the piecing I did today and over the past week. 
I mostly worked on Week 2 units, but made a few of Week 3.

Ringo Lake Part 3 used more of the coral/melon and neutrals.  
I am definitely going to have to go to the 1/2 price fabric store and find more!

Here are this weeks units:



I haven't done much quilting the past couple of years.  
I struggle with a lot of knee pain, and also life has just been overwhelming.  
These mystery quilts are something that I never thought I would enjoy.  
However, I love the scrappiness.  
I am not wild about how many units need to be made each week, but I keep plugging away. 

A year ago, I was on my first 'real' vacation in many years.  
I visited St. Thomas on a cruise.  
It is hard to believe the devastation that happened there since then.  
I pray for the people often, and am grateful I was able to visit, even if for just a day.




I am linking up with Bonnie's Linky Party for On Ringo Lake.  
Please go here to see everybody's progress!

Blessed Quilting,
Karen


5 comments:

  1. I love that fabric with the milk bottle on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winter is a great excuse to stay indoors and Sew, isn't it :) I love the colour scheme you have chosen for this quilt, I shall enjoy following your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my what nice fabrics. Sewing does keep our minds off body issues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colours in this project Karen! Winter has hit Montreal big time too - lots of snow and it’s been sooooo cold! Quilting is the perfect activity for it! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody, I love comments and new friends!